Russian invasion of Ukraine

Click on the link for the video report and article.

One fighter was shot twice, sent from the hospital back to the front, where he drank melted snow to live. Forced to assault Ukrainian positions repeatedly, until a grenade blinded him. Saved from the trenches by a doctor who made him a hospital orderly.

Another was jailed at 20 for minor drugs charges, sent to the front aged 23. Given almost no training, he was dead three weeks later - among likely 60 Russians killed in an assault on the very day Russian President Vladimir Putin celebrated the defeat of the Nazis in Red Square.

These two stories, of remarkable survival and premature death, epitomize the squalid and exhausting loss of life in Russia’s trenches. Yet there is one distinction: the dead are prisoners, promised respite from their jail terms if they join so-called Storm-Z battalions run by the Russian Ministry of Defense.

Life expectancy is short, conditions themselves tough to survive, and convicts describe being used as cannon fodder. Tens of thousands of convicts have been recruited to serve at the front line, at first by the mercenary group Wagner – a scheme then taken over by the defense ministry.

Yet the Mobiks still put up with this shite.
All I can think is long term brainwashashing by the Russian state.

With a population of ~150 million, that's getting on for 1 in every 600 people in the country dead.

I wonder what the folks back home would think of that if they were allowed to know?
It is concentrated amongst ethnic minorities in the east. Some areas will be very short of men. Agriculture will be devastated. The average western Russian won’t care too much.

I have to take my daughter to a birthday party of a girl from school whose parents are Russian.
Think I can get away with wearing yellow and blue or is that a bit too antagonistic for a kid's party?
I was at a guys house a couple of week ago,it was his daughters prom on the Friday before i called.
A couple of Russian parents hired limos to take their daughters.
He took his daughter in a tank.
Here it is on his drive.....mental.

Slava Ukraini.

Screenshot_20230725-212317_Gallery.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.