Russian invasion of Ukraine

They didn't have aircraft to launch Storm Shadow / Scalps from either. The SU-24 has hard points that can have mounts fitted to carry the Tarus weight.
Happy to be corrected,just wasn't sure if they could be launched from anything they have got.
I know they have tested it with the Gripen Aircraft and said it could be fully operational within 5 years.
That was a long time ago though..........I'm certain Ukrainian pilots have had training on Gripen.

Slava Ukraini.

Last edited:

Whilst its clearly an indication of a lack of resources, it is financially more efficient. Radiation hardened chips are orders of magnitude more expensive than normal semiconductors and that's if you can source them, but the functionality is still the same.

Sadly, its probably still very effective.

Whilst its clearly an indication of a lack of resources, it is financially more efficient. Radiation hardened chips are orders of magnitude more expensive than normal semiconductors and that's if you can source them, but the functionality is still the same.

Sadly, its probably still very effective.

All those washing machines that went back to Russia were probably stripped for them

Happy to be corrected,just wasn't sure if they could be launched from anything they have got.
I know they have tested it with the Gripen Aircraft and said it could be fully operational within 5 years.
That was a long time ago though..........I'm certain Ukrainian pilots have had training on Gripen.

Slava Ukraini.
The Germans use Tornados to launch them.

They didn't have aircraft to launch Storm Shadow / Scalps from either.
The SU-24 has hard points that can have mounts fitted to carry the Tarus weight on the air frame. I'm sure the Ukrainians will work it out - in fact the mount for the Storm Shadow will probably do as all things are standardised in NATO these days.
They've used ex-RAF Tornado pylons for the Storm Shadow integration. This means they've probably (I'm guessing here) using the Def Stan 1553 data bus standard to control the munition. 1553 is used across NATO and, more recently, civil aviation.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/retired-tornado-parts-used-to-launch-ukrainian-storm-shadows/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.