Russian invasion of Ukraine

The Germans use Tornados to launch them.
Yeah,Tornados,Gripen,Eurofighter,F/A-18 and F-15k can all launch them........wasn't sure on how long it would take to become compatible with Ukrainian Aircraft,with it taking up to 5 years with Gripen.
Strange though.......trained on Gripen and a few month later,get missiles that the Gripen can launch.
Enough to make you think Gripen are on the way.

Slava Ukraini.

They've used ex-RAF Tornado pylons for the Storm Shadow integration. This means they've probably (I'm guessing here) using the Def Stan 1553 data bus standard to control the munition. 1553 is used across NATO and, more recently, civil aviation.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/retired-tornado-parts-used-to-launch-ukrainian-storm-shadows/

Agreed. I thought the other main concern getting shadow storm on Ukrainian jets was the impact of the aerodynamics on the plane than anything else - particularly useful was SS being preprogrammed with target information as they can with Taurus.

Air Ocean Airlines have offered to resume flights from Uzhhorod Airport,Zakarpattia Region....about 180km Southwest of Lviv.
Might sound crazy,but as the Aircraft leaves the runway,it's in the airspace of Slovakia.

Slava Ukraini.

Maybe the Ukrainian Airforce are already prepared for Taurus?
I rememberd i posted this in June.

Slava Ukraini.

Last edited:
Taurus is pretty impressive, been hoping the Germans would supply these for ages. They can be programmed to explode on whichever floor is required when attacking a multi storey building. Any missile that actually knows which floor it's on is a thing to be feared. Some smart tech has gone into designing these.

Taurus is better in speed, distance, sensors, can fly lower profile, has defense systems on board and a bigger warhead. It's also even more expensive than a storm shadow.

From wiki and web etc they look very similar in capabilities

speed both max out at .95 mach.

flight altitude,
Taurus is 30-70m,
Storm shadow is 30-40m

Warhead.
Taurus is 481kg,
Storm shadow is 450kg

Defence systems on Taurus is a boost for sure and distance seems to be better. Apparently Taurus is good for bridges.

All in all. get them to Ukraine! :)

Taurus is pretty impressive, been hoping the Germans would supply these for ages. They can be programmed to explode on whichever floor is required when attacking a multi storey building. Any missile that actually knows which floor it's on is a thing to be feared. Some smart tech has gone into designing these.
ruszians surely try something similar with elevator chips...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.