Russian invasion of Ukraine

Well some un named US official said it.

I really can’t see why speaking English would be a blocker to learning to fly them when they will be trained in Denmark and Holland and there will be plenty of translators around if need be.

There’s also a 50% English speaking rate in Ukraine so the numbers in the article don’t make sense
The training will be done in English no matter which country is providing the training and while a translator can help in the classroom they can’t do much at 20,000 feet when the trainer needs to communicate with the pupil.

The training will be done in English no matter which country is providing the training and while a translator can help in the classroom they can’t do much at 20,000 feet when the trainer needs to communicate with the pupil.

I've got that scene from Battle of Britain with the Polish pilots: Repeat please, repeat please as they peel off one by one.

Last edited:

Why would the training need to be done in English? odds are that one of the many training staff for the F16 would actually speak Ukrainian anyways? And with English being so prevalent in Ukraine anyways the numbers in the article dont add up. If English is spoken by 50% of Ukrainians as a 2nd language why would there be such a massive non English speaking level amongst fighter pilots? 8 being able to speak English and 20 not? Id suggest that with Pilots generally being higher educated that the prevalence of English would be far higher than not. Numbers just dont add up and hopefully its just either poor reporting from "un named sources" or a ploy to suggest planes wont be there in any large number soon and more arrive quicker than Russia expect.

The only reason for English to be needed is if there are tons of automated systems in english and cant be changed to speak/show Ukrainian.

How does it not make sense? I’ll try again… Whatever accusations are thrown at the Tory party they (as our government) have been exemplary at holding Putin and his buddies to account and in supporting Ukraine - again leading the way in many cases - Swift as just one example of many. Russian oligarchs investing their money here has actually allowed the UK to bring in sanctions that really hurt them - this money and any donations given to the Tory party have had absolutely no softening of those sanctions. If you disagree feel free to provide some actual evidence to back up your narrative.
The way I see it is the UK government have to balance the needs of our own economy with the needs of Ukraine, they felt it was more helpful to try and gain support in Europe as well as win support from our own Electorate.

The Russians were making jokes over France and Germany and taking over Europe would be easy, strange they didn‘t mention UK you could say that’s because we hold no power but you might also think the opposite. We will continue to try and help Ukraine by training pilots here and point out to the rest of Europe they may find the jokes on them if Russia continue the land grab

I don’t think it’s 8 pilots I under stood it was 8 planes to begin with then the remainder later

We didn't let Germans stroll arround unoccupied Europe when their country invaded others in the 1940s.

We were at war with Germany. I must have missed our declaration of war against Russia.

Cunts they might be but you can’t just go around ripping up the order of things when that is the very thing we are accusing Russia of.

Did it have any effect on UK doing the right thing in 2022?
Clearly a resounding NO
And the Labour government 1997-2010 wasn't exactly againt Russia money flooding into the UK either was it?
They didn’t make a KGB agent a Lord and allow him to buy the telegraph and London Evening standard both right wing Tory media outlets. Imagine the KGB owning part of the UK media and one of the biggest western world cities ???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.