Russian invasion of Ukraine

Why would the training need to be done in English? odds are that one of the many training staff for the F16 would actually speak Ukrainian anyways? And with English being so prevalent in Ukraine anyways the numbers in the article dont add up. If English is spoken by 50% of Ukrainians as a 2nd language why would there be such a massive non English speaking level amongst fighter pilots? 8 being able to speak English and 20 not? Id suggest that with Pilots generally being higher educated that the prevalence of English would be far higher than not. Numbers just dont add up and hopefully its just either poor reporting from "un named sources" or a ploy to suggest planes wont be there in any large number soon and more arrive quicker than Russia expect.

The only reason for English to be needed is if there are tons of automated systems in english and cant be changed to speak/show Ukrainian.
The training would need to be in English as all of the flight systems will be in English and the training is not just on how to physically get the plane off the ground, but also in tactical usage which isn’t ideal being run through translators..

On the proficiency of English in Ukraine, I can only speak from personal experience but I have been volunteering with Stockholms Stad Ukraine youth programme here for 18-29 year olds and even with their stats being heavily skewed by younger people learning English rather than German now, they still are mostly more proficient in written English than spoken English.

It’s also important to point out that up to 50% would be considered proficient in English, that still only puts them 27th best in Europe ahead of only Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Albania, and their pilots that are going to be put forward to fly F16s realistically are not going to be 22 year olds fresh off L-39s, they’re going to be older guys who didn’t grow up learning English..

When actual war was declared anyone with links to Germany or Italy all spent time on the Isle of Man till they could prove they were against Nazism / Fascism.
We haven't declared war on Russia at the moment, we are helping Ukraine win it's own war against Russia.
Anyway why should we send a lot of folks back to Russia who would then be sent to prison or killed because they were on Putin's list of undesirables? Many Russians in the UK are in this category.
Get a barge sorted, put the fuckers on it and launch it out to sea with a fixed course and no steering! Never mind where they will end up. Fuck em!

Would require the UK to withdraw from the ECHR which feels a bit extreme to satisfy your loathing of all Russians.
We will most likely need to withdraw from the ECHR anyway to stop the boats! I’m not an advocate of leaving it but I think it will happen! The ruscunts give not one shit about human rights and nor should we where the nonces are concerned! I say fuck em all bar non!

Did it have any effect on UK doing the right thing in 2022?
Clearly a resounding NO
And the Labour government 1997-2010 wasn't exactly againt Russia money flooding into the UK either was it?
Several labour ministers were on friendly terms with Derapaska, the aluminium thief.

We will most likely need to withdraw from the ECHR anyway to stop the boats! I’m not an advocate of leaving it but I think it will happen! The ruscunts give not one shit about human rights and nor should we where the nonces are concerned! I say fuck em all bar non!
Yes of course you are correct. Let us depart from the ECHR and descend even further down the moral U-bend.

And yes all 160 million Russians don't care about human rights. Sure they don't. Geopolitics is just black and white after all. Just ask Bush and Blair.

Looks like a bit of a breakthrough towards Tomak. Only on Telegram channels but information just starting to appear elelsewhere

Would require the UK to withdraw from the ECHR which feels a bit extreme to satisfy your loathing of all Russians.
What's with the random conclusions about me loathing Russians?? Weird statement! . I just think that all Russians should feel the pain their country is inflicting on Ukraine.

Looks like a bit of a breakthrough towards Tomak. Only on Telegram channels but information just starting to appear elelsewhere
Cheers @BlueAnorak for getting the thread back on track, yourself @SPIDERBOY @Scottyboi and others do a great service in relaying info, especially to those like myself who don’t bother with social media & hate relying on the msm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.