Russian invasion of Ukraine

Shit at stopping drones from striking deep into their own country but good at shooting down their own aviation.
Most of the drones that are successful are probably launched from well inside Russia and flying low enough to avoid radar, plus while you can tell anti-air to target a particular plane and to shoot down every missile, you can't have them shooting down every single UAV in the country

Most of the drones that are successful are probably launched from well inside Russia and flying low enough to avoid radar, plus while you can tell anti-air to target a particular plane and to shoot down every missile, you can't have them shooting down every single UAV in the country
Drones are a game changer for aerial warfare. The arms race was all about faster and more high tech jets and countered by hi tech defence systems. All of it very expensive. So expensive and hi tech the risk of capture is a deterrent to use it...

Drones can be cheap / numerous and effective.

Most interesting is how Rusia are going to cope internally. Its clear the rouble is tanking I am not sure how much more economic damage they can take.

But also Putin now attacking his far right nationalists, putting Girkin in jail, killing Prygozhin, these were guys that the russian people listened to. That leaves Putin on his own now.

Putin has gone from control via ideology to control through fear. Everyone has to love Putin, or else.

I think he#'s toast in a few months.

Drones are a game changer for aerial warfare. The arms race was all about faster and more high tech jets and countered by hi tech defence systems. All of it very expensive. So expensive and hi tech the risk of capture is a deterrent to use it...

Drones can be cheap / numerous and effective.

Swarm drones around fighter jets either autonomous or controlled by the pilot is planned for the RAF tempest

Anyone in the know know what sort of radar signature cardboard like this gives off? Feels like this could be a good stealthy drone but I could well be wrong.
Apparently when painted gives off a very small signature i.e like a small flock of birds..

Most interesting is how Rusia are going to cope internally. Its clear the rouble is tanking I am not sure how much more economic damage they can take.

But also Putin now attacking his far right nationalists, putting Girkin in jail, killing Prygozhin, these were guys that the russian people listened to. That leaves Putin on his own now.

Putin has gone from control via ideology to control through fear. Everyone has to love Putin, or else.

As I said when this all kicked off. There will be a growing number of people who want to change course. That probably means assassination for Putin. The point where the number of people who want to take him out and have the capability to take him out exceeds the numbers keeping him in power must be close.

Most of these points were made in Feb/Mar 2022.

Their economy would collapse with all the sanctions.
The airline industry would collapse within weeks with no spares.
The people wouldn't be able to eat or cloth themselves.
Putin wouldn't survive long.

Yet here we are 18 months on, and they still have a working economy, their airliners are still flying (albeit to a far smaller audience).
The people don't seem to have suffered (apart from the poor buggers sent to the front line).
Putin is still in charge, surrounded by many of the same cronies he was the begining.

Their demise was greatly exaggerated sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.