Russian invasion of Ukraine

Day 570 Review:

Ready to start negotiations...
My arse. Pootin wants a break so he can rearm and go again. He has never stuck by an agreement - ever.

Last edited:
Day 570 Review:

Ready to start negotiations...
My arse. Pootin wants a break so he can rearm and go again. He has never stuck by an agreement - ever.
Never make a deal with the devil!

Isn’t life as as a Mobik great...
Be meat in Russian reckless assaults and counter attacks where they die (cos their lives dont matter) or retreat and start showing signs of surrender they'll also die because their commanders will shell you themselves.
Shame.
The answer is kill your own commanders and surrender if you want to live. Simples you brain washed cretins.

Last edited:
When your sailing south from blighty there is open ocean to the west where all you can see is stars (if your lucky) and land with ports to the east. Hence Port and Starboard.
Similarly you have Posh, when referring to the rich, on traveling to and from the British Empire - It means Port Out, Starboard Home. On your way out the most expensive cabins were on the left snd on the way back on the right - a good view of land from a ship always costs more.
POSH, one of the great etymological myths.

When your sailing south from blighty there is open ocean to the west where all you can see is stars (if your lucky) and land with ports to the east. Hence Port and Starboard.
Similarly you have Posh, when referring to the rich, on traveling to and from the British Empire - It means Port Out, Starboard Home. On your way out the most expensive cabins were on the left snd on the way back on the right - a good view of land from a ship always costs more.
I don’t think either of those statements are true. Before ships had rudders, they were steered by an oar at the stern called the steerboard. As most men were right handed this was placed in that side of the ship Hence starboard. The port was because the side opposite the steerboard was placed against the dock whilst in port.

Port out Starboard home (POSH) was because when going to India the port side was on the opposite side to the sun and so was cooler. Obviously the reverse was true in the way back to England.

I don’t think either of those statements are true. Before ships had rudders, they were steered by an oar at the stern called the steerboard. As most men were right handed this was placed in that side of the ship Hence starboard. The port was because the side opposite the steerboard was placed against the dock whilst in port.

Port out Starboard home (POSH) was because when going to India the port side was on the opposite side to the sun and so was cooler. Obviously the reverse was true in the way back to England.
No evidence for the Posh myth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.