Russian invasion of Ukraine

Am I right in thinking after they lost the last one a number of weeks ago, and now this one, they don't have many of these left?

I may be totally wrong and I'm sure more well informed folks will know better than me.

Yep they don't have many of these at all or the crew to man them, they are also used to protect russia from attacks so they can't just move them to the Ukrainian front without weakening themselves elsewhere.

Go on then, I'll ask, as what you've just typed there seems like complete nonsense.

So how do you think the russians are getting money to the republicans for the last 2 years, and secondly, do you not think the russians currently have better things to spend their money on (like a war) ?

I've no doubt they'd prefer trump over biden, but I very much doubt they'd be wasting money on it, especially as their economy is basically trashed.
The Russian economy is not currently trashed, though.

The Russian economy is not currently trashed, though.
The head of the IMF said they had uplifted the growth of the Russian economy as they had moved onto a war footing, but that this will likely cripple their economy in the medium term if they aren't able to switch back to a normal economic footing soon. The parts of their sovereign wealth fund they still have access to have been almost entirely depleted to cover war expenses and their economic focus has shifted away from consumption, which is the main driver of long term growth.

Going onto a war footing and spending their SWF on war expenses has made the situation look better than it really is, but neither of those things are sustainable beyond the short term.

Going onto a war footing and spending their SWF on war expenses has made the situation look better than it really is, but neither of those things are sustainable beyond the short term.
There was an article on exactly this a few days ago, but I can't find it, did have a look.

Anyone who thinks their economy is not eventually trashed is deluded, there's no way they can sustain what's going on now, they can't even build enough arms to resupply anything other than short term.

Couple of hours until the "2nd" anniversary. Being a night owl I was up anyway watching it happen, then merely 36 hours later I saw lost looking mothers with lost looking kids around town. Gutting to see the fatigue setting in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.