Russian invasion of Ukraine

From "The Analyst":

BATTLE FOR CHASIV YAR INTENSIFIES

The Russians have intensified their attacks on the canal district east of the canal itself.
Having attempted to take a key village to the north of it to attempt an outflanking manoeuvre, and been sorely beaten back and forced to retreat from the positions they captured, once again they resorted to mass attacks on the frontal approaches.
These have been supported by an extensive glide bomb campaign that has reduced to rubble almost all of the remaining high rise buildings, certainly making them untenable for the defenders. Backed up by unusually high numbers of T-90M breaching tanks and IFV’s, of which some 70% were lost to drones and especially ATGM’s, Russian airborne forces slowly made gains.
Yet again the glide bomb strikes proved decisive. When I say gains, it’s literally a couple of streets, the Ukrainians still control half of the district.
The Russians are however close to making that unviable as defences and Ukraine will eventually have to withdraw over the canal and blow the bridges to prevent the Russians crossing it.
What the Ukrainians could do with is a long range anti-air battery to hit the Russian aircraft dropping the glide bombs. Take that out of the equation and their ability to defend rises dramatically, as the Russians have neither the quantity of artillery or other ground based weapons to do what they did in Bakhmut last year.
If not it looks like the Russians will just endlessly throw more and more troops at the town to take it, with glide bombs doing the heavy destruction.
The restoration of Chasiv Yar as a priority point in the last few days seems to be an effort to distract from the Kharkiv situation. I think they think the Ukrainians are so close to winning that battle decisively they hope to create a sense of urgency further south to distract them. Add to that, that this should have been their priority all along and it seems they may well have refocused their energies towards it, fighting a rear guard action at Kharkiv to keep the Ukrainians engaged, while attempting to distract them enough to withdraw forces and prevent a clean victory.
While that may be their intention, I think that Ukraine now has enough to manage both areas and maintain their positions and prosecute both fronts.
They should not in my opinion, give up on driving the Russians out of Kharkiv completely. They have the initiative and they can do it. A full Russian defeat there would be a significant military and morale boosting victory long needed.

Slava Ukraini !

They either surrender or die, this is like Mauripol but the other way round. There is no way out just surrender.
Mariupol’ that’s what I thought as well. Bet the cunts weren’t expected to be in the same position. Let’s see what news will come from Serebryanka forest: Azov is liberating that place and there’s even rumours about breaking through the cunts line

Mariupol’ that’s what I thought as well. Bet the cunts weren’t expected to be in the same position. Let’s see what news will come from Serebryanka forest: Azov is liberating that place and there’s even rumours about breaking through the cunts line

This was the latest, some good news but not as one way as we would like.

⚔️The occupiers were
forced from positions in Serebryansk Forest, in the Luhansk Region, as well as in Klishchiivka in the Donetsk Region, — DeepState

The 12th Special Forces Brigade Azov have killed orcs in Serebryansky Forest and forced those surviving to abandon their positions.

However, the russian army also advanced near Kalynyvka, Novopokrovsky and Yasnobrodivka

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.