Russian invasion of Ukraine

The MOD said "no" because it's a partnership, and one of the countries didn't agree, the missiles use UK, French and US technology (possibly others, not sure), and one partner won't allow it, pretty sure it's not the UK.
My understanding is that their ability to veto the policy change wasn't due to the positioning and guidance technology used being US, I believe they have the ability to overrule any military strategy change by NATO members as the Supreme Allied Commander Europe is currently, and by convention is always, an American.

My understanding is that their ability to veto the policy change wasn't due to the positioning and guidance technology used being US, I believe they have the ability to overrule any military strategy change by NATO members as the Supreme Allied Commander Europe is currently, and by convention is always, an American.

the head of Nato said yesterday its legal to let Ukraine do it and its a country policy change not a Nato choice.

the head of Nato said yesterday its legal to let Ukraine do it and its a country policy change not a Nato choice.
It absolutely is legal to let them do it and we are allowed to have a policy allowing them to use the weapons, but SACEUR may then block the transfer of the weapons. We are unlikely to want to make NATO look like there is a lack of harmony. My understanding is that we backtracked on allowing use of long range missiles as we were told SACEUR would block the transfer based on advice from Jake Sullivan.

I wonder if giving Ukraine money and allowing them to buy weapons from us with that money means they can bypass the issue by purchasing new missiles rather than transferring them from NATO stockpiles. I don't believe SACEUR has any jurisdiction with regard to arms sales but does over the use of NATO stockpiles. We would probably annoy people in the States if we tried it, but after all this dithering by them I'm not sure I care about ruffled feathers.

Last night's stuff:

Russia destroying old age day care centres now. Scum.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.