Russian invasion of Ukraine

Think that’s already been confirmed as a Ukrainian tank that last control
Any link for that? I've seen reports that it's unclear whether it's Russian or Ukrainian, but none that confirm it either way. The fact that it comes to a standstill on the car suggests that it could be though. If you were deliberately running over a car, I reckon you'd just plough on.

I'm pretty relaxed.

However, the threat itself is still over and above the expected. And a risk of being enough to cause escalation that becomes self sustaining.

I didn't think he would attempt to invade Ukraine as a whole, so I'm steering away from attempting any predictions on what he would or wouldn't do.
I dont think anyone can predict what a mad man will do

It's Ukrainian Nazis shit....
…And?

Were you under the impression a country full of 40 million Eastern Europeans wasn’t going to have some people with questionable race politics?

Look at what we’ve seen in the football with Hungary, Sparta Prague, Bulgaria, Belarus all getting bans for racist and/or neo nazi incidents. The far right has been on the rise all across Europe.

Ukraine is not a perfect country, that’s not why the world is trying to save it, it’s got loads of problems but the people are trying to move away from them and towards the EU and “western liberal” status which would see factions like this marginalised like they are here. Part of the reason these neo nazi groups still exist is because they’re fighting the Russian backed separatists and the government has its hands full.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I think it <warning people of the destructive power of nuclear weapons> is a fuck of sight more helpful than telling people it's really nothing to worry about and we'd get over it.
Tell you what…

If Putin uses them and ends the world I’ll give you £50, if he doesn’t and we live, you give me £50?

In all seriousness, I think it <warning people of the destructive power of nuclear weapons> is a fuck of sight more helpful than telling people it's really nothing to worry about and we'd get over it.

To me this is more to do with showing that the idea that Russia would't use them in Ukraine as it scorches the earth for hundreds of years is a myth.

Obviously no one ever wants them used, Ever, but 1 or 2 ( Unless its Tzar Bomba levels obviously ) wont stop Russia moving into Ukraine after, they are absolutely within the Realms of possibility if Russia feel cornered in Ukraine..

A lot of people live with the idea that Nukes will never be used by Russia as in there minds 1 nuke is the end of the world, It isn't. 100 of them then yeah your getting there!, 10k of them absolutely.

Of course it isn't, and I didn't. No-one on here has said or even implied so.
And I haven't downplayed the threat or scale of nuclear war, either, have I.

I merely pointed out that the Tsar Bomba is not in their arsenal.

This is a nothing burger. So chill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.