Russian invasion of Ukraine

No, he told Biden to quit with the ‘limited excursion‘ nonsense. Want to do comments on Putin next? Zelenskiy has said Russia is pushing Ukraine toward Nato. Russian aggression is also pushing Finland and Sweden towards Nato.

What Putin wants is a return to old borders with countries like Belarus, Ukraine run by Russian proxies and under Russian control. Putin has Belarus in the bag after supporting the crackdown on the widespread unrest. What Putin fears is an independent and prosperous Ukraine on his doorstep. A Ukraine benefitting from EU membership is an affront to Russian control and prestige. Russia wants vassal states beholden to it for their existence.

Russia cannot compete economically, so it uses the only lever it has left. Military dominance. This entire dispute is about Russia refusing to let neighbouring countries determine their own future and sod all to do with Nato or any other excuse they wheel out.

If people are happy for Russia to subjugate countries then they should just say so, rather then this tedious whataboutery with Nato, the EU and the US.
Spot on.

It's also a clear tipping point with Russian efforts to destabilise the west reaching their peak. In the US you have tucker Carlson basically preaching Kremlin propaganda on fox news to one side of a hopelessly divided country. Putin needs a narrative to sell his people and nothing does that like a war - knowing the right would jump on Biden for a strong response gives him the cover he needs.

I believe Russia's ultimate goal is to install a puppet government in Ukraine. I honestly don't think they have the appetite for a long drawn out conflict and they definitely don't want war with the USA despite all their posturing.

Honestly fuck off Russia, they just want all their old Soviet Union countries to be under their rule in all but name. They have held them countries back for too long now and we owe it to them to have their back.

Starting to look inevitable, but I wish they'd hold off until June. Booked for a Champions League Final in late May. Can't see that happening if there is a war going on.

I believe Russia's ultimate goal is to install a puppet government in Ukraine. I honestly don't think they have the appetite for a long drawn out conflict and they definitely don't want war with the USA despite all their posturing.
The alleged "puppet" leader chosen by Putin forwarded by the UK is a man who's under russian sanctions himself for supporting a opponent of Vladimir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.