Russian invasion of Ukraine

Can't help but compare the fierce resistance and proud resolution of the Ukranian people to the invading Russians to that pitiful fight put up by the Afghans just over a year ago who just rolled over in a few days and let the ruthless Taliban dictators take over their country with hardly a shot fired.

Can't help but compare the fierce resistance and proud resolution of the Ukranian people to the invading Russians to that pitiful fight put up by the Afghans just over a year ago who just rolled over in a few days and let the ruthless Taliban dictators take over their country with hardly a shot fired.

I mean, I've got zero time for the Taliban, but surely there's a difference between Afghans letting Afghans take over Afghanistan from foreigners and Ukrainians fighting to prevent foreigners taking over Ukraine? But not for this thread I guess.

Brilliant to see Ukraine's resistance, and I don't believe for a moment the Russians will engineer a deliberate nuclear disaster. They're all mouth and no trousers.

Russia forces did not claim any territorial gains in Ukraine for the first time since 6 July yesterday, the Institute for the Study of War says.

The US-based think tank added that, despite this, Russian troops "still conducted limited and unsuccessful ground assaults across the eastern axis on 18 August."

Russia forces did not claim any territorial gains in Ukraine for the first time since 6 July yesterday, the Institute for the Study of War says.

The US-based think tank added that, despite this, Russian troops "still conducted limited and unsuccessful ground assaults across the eastern axis on 18 August."
It seems to me that autumn will be a turning point in this war, either it will move in one direction, or it may freeze and remain for a long time. The only bad news is that russia has a lot of human resources and they do not stop replenishing it through mobilization points in the poor regions of russia. And for the poor, the monetary factor plays a significant role. In the meantime, while Western countries continue to pay tens of billions of euros every day for oil and gas, russia will have the opportunity to continue to build new weapons and buy them from other countries (such as attack drones from Iran), as well as pay soldiers...

NATO countries in Europe are supplying Ukraine with amunition, but there are have been no new pledges of stuff for a month.
Ukraine needs 250+ 150mm howitzers to level up in the artillary war. At the moment Europe is not delivering their share. The US is.

I think its a little more complex that that to be honest. a lot of EU countries moved on from Artillery as a main weapon years ago so there are not large stocks to donate from, a lot of countries moved to more modern solutions which right now we cant give ( yet )

Greece and Romania top the tables in Europe. Greece could send a fair few without denting there own defence much, but sounds like there are political opposition issues there.

according to Wiki they have 145 of these they are phasing out and only kept in action due to having a large stock of Ammo available.

Greece and Romania top the tables in Europe. Greece could send a fair few without denting there own defence much, but sounds like there are political opposition issues there.
The Greek people in their mass of pro-russian views, so I think their government will not want to supply aid to Ukraine.

It seems to me that autumn will be a turning point in this war, either it will move in one direction, or it may freeze and remain for a long time. The only bad news is that russia has a lot of human resources and they do not stop replenishing it through mobilization points in the poor regions of russia. And for the poor, the monetary factor plays a significant role. In the meantime, while Western countries continue to pay tens of billions of euros every day for oil and gas, russia will have the opportunity to continue to build new weapons and buy them from other countries (such as attack drones from Iran), as well as pay soldiers...
On the drone front.......Taiwan are sending 800 and Australia 300.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.