Russian invasion of Ukraine

I wonder if the latest aid package to the Ukrainian Army will be deck chairs, parasols and barbecues instead of weapons until this has played out!!

Military on the streets of Rostov so its being taken pretty seriously!

This is from BBC Russia‘s live thread:

A source close to the special services told the BBC that the Moscow directorate of the FSB is being put on alert. This is confirmed by our source in army circles, who reports the alarm in the Moscow garrison.

According to this source, the FSB, supported by the special rapid reaction detachments of the National Guard, is setting up roadblocks on the Don highway (the Moscow - Voronezh - Rostov-on-Don highway). Those on duty at the checkpoints are ordered to open fire "in case of a threat. The equipment is kept in readiness, but the units have not yet received the order to move it out.
Other media reports add that Moscow security forces are put on high alert, and a plan called "Fortress" is being introduced in the capital - a plan to protect the facilities of the Interior Ministry. The exact actions of employees under this plan are subject to state secrecy, but it is publicly known that the entrances and exits to the buildings of the Interior Ministry are blocked.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Got back from work and catching up on todays events...as ever huge thank you to @CTID1977 & @SPIDERBOY for your contacts and updates...I would think for your efforts to illuminate the forum Ric should be issuing awards!

If all true, absolutely wonderful to see the Russians seeming to implode. Anything that saves lives and gets the RuSSian troops off Ukrainian land has to be applauded and encouraged. All the faux nationalism masking a lust for power, kudos & wealth by Prigozhin & Putin

lot of dreadful death and destruction over 16 months, I appreciate it's a fluid situation but can anyone sum up where we are in terms of battles/territory lost/gained - is anyone "winning" so far - could this run for a decade?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.