Russian invasion of Ukraine

From "The Analyst":

WHAT ARE THE RUSSIANS SAYING ABOUT THE AID PASSING?

I personally feel like a ten ton weight has been lifted off me. God knows how Ukrainians must feel. There are reports that whole units were watching on their phones as the vote went through - one texted that ‘you could hear the entire trench line cheer’ - it was almost 1am in the trenches and they were that keen to find out nobody could sleep.
Russia seems stunned.
I think they were honestly expecting nothing to happen. The vibe was so toxic and the pro-Moscow brigade so loud, I think they thought it would never happen. Maybe because they don’t have any democratic heritage in Russia, they don’t understand that sometimes the silent majority outweigh the extremes, and sometimes they just can’t take any more of the appalling behaviour.
Add to that popular support in the electorate for Ukraine exceeds 61%. It’s a vote winner come November.
Peskov, the Kremlins answer to Joseph Goebbels, claimed it would just make ‘America richer and Ukraine would lose more lives’. Irony is he’s not actually wrong but it’s not exactly in context is it! Who started the war Dmitry? Eh?
They’re also upset about another part of the bill that allows the US to take $6 billion in Russian money frozen in banks and give it to Ukraine.
The foreign ministry spokesman said something more. ‘It is clear that the United States wants Ukraine to fight to the last Ukrainian’, including she added, with attacks on the Russian homeland and against Russian civilians. It’s almost as if they don’t know what they’re doing or have done in Ukraine. Cynical beyond words.
She then went on to say that the US was involved in a hybrid war and that it would end up being another Vietnam or Afghanistan. Well Russia knows all about Afghanistan. Remember 1980-91? But this is no Vietnam either. No US forces are directly involved. It’s the Goliath of Russia against the David of Ukraine.
The Russians are trying to frame the aid as the US becoming more involved. It’s creating the boogeyman of a conflict sliding more directly to US-Russian conflict.
Medvedev also had his say. ‘We will win despite americas bloody dollars shoved down the throats of its defence industry’. Again, he thinks America is trying to get more involved. This is entirely for Russian domestic audiences and the Traitor Greene addicts.
Now I want my say. America came through. Democracy is slow. It’s painful and testing of anyone’s patience. It’s like watching the Ent’s in Lord of The Rings say good morning.
We have experienced what happens when it feels like the US fails to lead. But we have also seen many stand up in Europe and make the effort to do so. It has changed everything.
We have seen Zelensky sit quietly back and let these things take their time however agonising it must have been. He realised wisely, that his constant demands could actually prove counter productive.
We have witnessed Ukraine fight tooth and nail to hold the line with diminishing resources.
And you could have seen me at the point of the bill passing, scare the crap out of my driver on the way to dinner, and behave so cheerfully all evening someone actually asked if I’d been drinking (I never have my whole life).
Of course it was a good day, it was an awesome day. America came through. Ukraine lives to fight another day - and eventually win! And as for Russia? I couldn’t give a shit what happens to them. As
Long as they stay inside their own borders they can do what they like. Let’s help them get back to them!

Slava Ukraini !

Sunak announces Uk defence expenditure to increase to 2.5% by 2030 - i.e. not any time soon, but it just matches a recent pledge by Labour.

Last edited:
It's difficult to give a complete explanation. I have to use translation software because it's beyond my English ability. I think I should use a direct way to express our views.

We support Russia to some extent because we believe that Russia cannot fall. If the United States can kill Russia in this way, it can kill any country that is not willing to serve the US interests in the same way.

I know you definitely don't like this answer, but this answer is sincere, I didn't lie to you.

As for whether the Ukrainian people have the right to elect their own government, the color revolution method used by the United States is full of fake news and fictional history. It is a dirty method that fundamentally harms the democratic rights of the Ukrainian people.

Yes, I am Chinese, and I can feel that the United States has been trying to use the same means to undermine my country. Not only me, many people can now see through the tricks of the United States. Even those Chinese who were most "pro-America" in the past have changed their views after seeing the slander of the United States on Xinjiang's anti-terrorism.
So you support Russia a country that has invaded another sovereign nation Ukraine. And you hate the USA as they are standing up for Ukraine. You need to get your priorities right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.