Rammyblues

IMO

K Toure
A Kolorov
E Dzeko
S Sinclair

Not good enough but will be given another year

Garcia

Good enough but will be allowed to leave or will play out final year of contract signing for Boca in Jan 2014

Tevez

Complete overhaul needed but unlikely given FFPR<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 am --<br /><br />Please merge, didn't see thread below. Sorry.

Big summer for us this. Can't see any of Hart, Micah, Zab, Clichy, VK, Nasty, Silva, Yaya or Barry moving (though Barry might be getting less games form here on in), probably add Milner and maybe Nasri to that list as well. Any of the strikers could realistically go. Rodwell, Garcia possibly Maicon will be given another year and question marks over Lescott and Kolarov. Bridge, Kolo, Santa Cruz and Sinclair obviously on their way

So it's the attacking positions we really need to get right IMO, possibly 2 or 3 of 2 strikers and 2 attacking midfielders. Gotta make it quality over quantity this time, no more fuck ups or we could begin to wane

I did this a few months ago. Thought Maicon, Lescott, Kolo, Kolarov, Milner, Barry, Sinclair, Nasri, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli (got one right) were all a chance to be elsewhere next season.

Not necessarily because we want them all out, but there will be a few on that list looking for a move.

I also expect to see some serious squad building this summer.

We know how Ferran and Txiki want the squad design to look like; five or six key players on high salaries and the rest really good sqaud members earning good but also reasonable money.

If the reports about a 4-3-3 system being utilized next season are accurate, we could be looking at:

----------------------------- GK -------------------------------
------------ CBR ------------------------ CBL ----------------
RB --------------------------------------------------------- LB
----------------------------- DM --------------------------------
-------------- CMR -------------------- CML -------------------

-- RW --------------------- STR ------------------------ LW --

So who do we have at this stage in the squad whom could be labelled key players and who would get a starting place in the above formation?

-- Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 am --

moomba said:
I did this a few months ago. Thought Maicon, Lescott, Kolo, Kolarov, Milner, Barry, Sinclair, Nasri, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli (got one right) were all a chance to be elsewhere next season.

Not necessarily because we want them all out, but there will be a few on that list looking for a move.

I think Barry is loved by Bobby, and rightly so, so he will remain with us. I can't say I'm 100% sure Aguero will want to stay. :(
If only Nasri would be played in a more central role, deeper down, he'd really be able to show his immense qualities. But if the right offer comes in I think he's gone.

I've changed my mind about Suarez(but we'd need to punt Tevez or Dzeko, easier said than done.), him and Kun would rip the league a new one,Can't see Cavani ever leaving Naples as he's a idol there and if he moved here he woud be just another player here, I'd love to sign Luke Shaw as I don't want Chelsea or anybody else having the next Cashley, we need someone in place of Nasri, Neymar would be amazing but imo won't happen, can see us going back in for Sanchez, Lampard on a 2 or 3 year deal if at all possible should be a no brainer, I'll be amazed if Sinclair's still here.

Agree a core group of 1st team players will safe:-
HART
ZABA
KOMPANY
NASTASIC
CLICHY
YAYA
SILVA
AGUERO

Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair will be safe as they still need time, and Garcia has been improving.

Roque Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge, Kolo Toure with definately be sold.

Our back four is basically complete, in the summer I can only see promising players signed that can bolster the defence when required if injuries occur and they need to be rested.

Where we need to basically improve the squad is midfield and attack. I can see Nasri, Dzeko and Tevez from the current 1st team being elsewhere next season.

Barry although a good player, is coming to the latter stages of his career so we will need to be looking at bringing in a quality CM as well who can play both DM and CM. I believe that Guidetti will be promoted to the 1st team so that gives us both Aguero & Guidetti, leaving 2 more strikers to be purchased.

What we need as well is that special gifted player that can not only assist Silva in breaking down defences, but will also have the skill and talent to bypass players on his own. This player would also allow Silva to be rested when required.

So I would go with these possible incomings:-

Defenders - Not sure

Paulinho or Benat - CM/DM
Deulofeu - To play the Messi role. Seen Deulofeu in a couple of Barca B games and this lad can play that role
Cavani or Falcao
Suarez or Jovetic

Matt the Giant said:
I think Barry is loved by Bobby, and rightly so, so he will remain with us. I can't say I'm 100% sure Aguero will want to stay. :(
If only Nasri would be played in a more central role, deeper down, he'd really be able to show his immense qualities. But if the right offer comes in I think he's gone.

I'd be happy for Barry to stay, just a question if we can get a new contract sorted out for him. IIRC he's a free agent at the end of the season and I can't see us having him the security of a long term contract or the wages he's on at the moment.

Milner won't go, he's not on 150k a week and is performing well in a few positions so I would think he's safe.

Nasri on the other hands...

For what it's worth, as the neutral, he's my view:

......................Hart.......................
Zaba....Kompany...Nastasic....Clichy
..............Yaya........????................
.....????...........Silva.........????.......
....................Aguero.....................

Question marks for positions I think you will be looking to strengthen first and foremost. Personally, I would have Yaya further forward but I don't think Mancini agrees.

The likes of Milner, Barry and Garcia I don't think will be players that your board and possibly Mancini will label as definite starters next season but no reason why they can't be squad players. Garcia could also be makeshift defender as well if the situation raised where its required.

I think Tevez will be off in the summer because the board will see is as the last opportunity to get a fee of around 5-10m at most as well as shift a high wage off the bill.

Nasri is a funny one for me. I don't think he's good enough but some of you do.

I'm interested to see whether they stick with Richards. They may keep Maicon as a back up to Zabaleta and feel they may be able to get a decent fee for Richards who, lets face it, is injury prone.

As an Oldham fan, I hope you sell him, obviously.

I do think you'll see a lot of activity in the summer, both in and out.

sjk2008 said:
For what it's worth, as the neutral, he's my view:

......................Hart.......................
Zaba....Kompany...Nastasic....Clichy
..............Yaya........????................
.....????...........Silva.........????.......
....................Aguero.....................

Question marks for positions I think you will be looking to strengthen first and foremost. Personally, I would have Yaya further forward but I don't think Mancini agrees.

The likes of Milner, Barry and Garcia I don't think will be players that your board and possibly Mancini will label as definite starters next season but no reason why they can't be squad players. Garcia could also be makeshift defender as well if the situation raised where its required.

I think Tevez will be off in the summer because the board will see is as the last opportunity to get a fee of around 5-10m at most as well as shift a high wage off the bill.

Nasri is a funny one for me. I don't think he's good enough but some of you do.

I'm interested to see whether they stick with Richards. They may keep Maicon as a back up to Zabaleta and feel they may be able to get a decent fee for Richards who, lets face it, is injury prone.

As an Oldham fan, I hope you sell him, obviously.

I do think you'll see a lot of activity in the summer, both in and out.
No way we will sell Richards when fit he is one of our best players plus his versatility is a massive bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.