Ruthless summer clear out

LoveCity said:
What is the cut-off date for a 20 -> 21 year old being eligible for first team registration next season? Guidetti is 21 in April, the age they move from the U21 to senior squad list but do they count those who turn 21 after January of the same year?

Anyone that is 20 or younger on Jan 1, 2013 won't have to be registered.

Outs
Wright
McGivern
Bridge
Wabara
Boyata
K. Toure
Lescott
Ibrahim
Elabdellaoui
Barry (unfortunately)
Sinclair
Dzeko
Santa Cruz
Scapuzzi
Nimely

Maybes
Pantilimon
Maicon
Kolarov
Milner
Garcia
Nasri
Tevez

Ins
3rd choice goalkeeper
Young centre-back - Sakho, N'Koulou, Marqinhos, Zouma, Matip
Central midfielder - Paulinho, Fernandinho, Benat, Gundongan
Winger/Attacking midfielder - J. Rodriguez, Griezmann, Muniain, Ben Arfa
Striker - Cavani, Neymar, Falcao, Suarez

Possible ins
2nd choice keeper
Young left-back - Digne, Shaw, Cissokho
Experienced centre-back - Hangeland, Coloccini, Radu, Albiol
Another winger/Attacking midfielder
Another striker - Jovetic, El Shaarawy, Muriel, Soldado, Mirallas

Possible Squad
Hart, Pantilimon, 3rd Keeper
Zabaleta, Richards
Kompany, Nastasic, Sakho, Hangeland, Rekik
Clichy, Digne
Y. Toure, Paulinho, Milner, Garcia, Rodwell, Razak
Silva, Nasri, Rodriguez, Suarez
Aguero, Cavani, Jovetic, Guidetti

what need is there for a summer clear out, we are comfortably second at most and are competing with united easily.

It seems like people play on fifa too much and want to get rid of everyone no matter how good they are and replace them with messi and ronaldo. I cant beleive people are saying lets get rid of barry !!!

we may get rid of players who arent playing that much or replace players who are leaving like tevez, but why would we get rid of playersd like richards and milner who are fantastic players to have.

We'd be mad to get rid of Barry, I know he's getting on and his wage is high but he has 1 year left on his contract and we'll be able to offer him reduced terms - which he'll probably take. We can upgrade on Barry but his calming and intelligent influence could be a benefit for a couple more years. If we get rid of too many settled players we risk becoming a team of strangers again that has to gel.

I think there will be some changes but the last thing we need is clear out, we have a settled squad, that is the last thing we need to mess with.
Txixi I think will make adjustments over the next 2 to 3 summers not just the next.

Andouble said:
There is no need for a 'ruthless summer clear out'.

Agreed. Our squad is decent as it is. Maybe a few tweaks here & there but I don't think we need much change.

Cringeworthy thread, especially the OP.

We have the best defensive record in the league and look as solid as we ever have.

We are creating chances even against huge parked buses of 11 men on the 18 yard box for 90 minutes.

The only reason we aren't top of the league is a tendency to not take our chances and put games to bed.

No need at all for large scale or ruthless clear outs.

Imo we need to add:

A 25+ goals a season guaranteed striker such as Cavani, Falcoa or Suarez. (Look at the RVP Factor at Utd)

A creative 'silva type' midfielder, to do what we thought Nasri would do but doesn't.

A fast, direct winger (or wide player) such as Ben Arfa, Lennon, Bale or Oxlade.

There will be a clear out but in reality it is all deadwood. There is nothing 'ruthless' about that.

The only players I'd be looking to move on are Kolarov and Nasri as they're simply not good enough often enough and could still demand a decent fee.

I can see Dzeko going but again we'd get decent money for him.

So basically rather than a clear out we need a good influx of top quality in midfield and up front plus a decent LB to cover Clichy.

And considering that we'll be getting money in, on top of the cash for Mario, it's fairly certain we'll be looking to go BIG this summer.

the wage bill needs to be cut ,said it before 20 out 4/5 in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.