Sacking Mancini... was there even a choice?

NipHolmes said:
I don't need to pat myself on the back, knowing you're right and having confidence in your own opinion means you don't have to be told so. Knowing is enough.

Bellend.

taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
The cookie monster said:
You didnt do yourself any favours putting folk down tbh mate
I remember you saying at least a dozen times you know more about football than most of the forum because you watch 20 hours of it a week,you got pummelled on here for that and rightly so
I watch 30 hours of horse racing a week,do i put folk down on the racing thread and brag about it
Do i fuck

Move on you got your wish after three n half years,he's gone,well done give yourself a big pat on the back..

No.

I said that because people said what do I know. That's how it started. I said I watched about 20+ hours of footie a week and therefore probably know more because I watch more. Nothing to brag about, just adds foundation to knowledge p.o.v. I am right in my statement too. Many people on where watch City and only City. I don't. It's that simple hence my argument is sound. I don't proclaim to be the most knowledgeable, just more than the majority.

I'm happy he's gone because now we can move forward. Manciniester is dead but Manchester is alive. Love live City, the proper City.

I don't need to pat myself on the back, knowing you're right and having confidence in your own opinion means you don't have to be told so. Knowing is enough.

You're a blue and so am I, Mancini was, he's gone but together we remain. Forza City. Now we have moved our separate ways maybe you can keep an eye on Mancini elsewhere, without the blinkers on you may see what some have all along, by that I mean not clouded by love but as a neutral ;)

City. Caaaaaa-vaaaaaaa-niiiiiiiiiiiiii
If knowing is enough why do you always feel compelled to keep coming back to rub people's noses in it? Is it really worth it to you? You pepper your posts with statements about moving forward and everyone being Blues... and then you seem compelled to tell people they're stupid in the next breath.

It can seem that way but honestly and I mean this 100%, I just don't want this to happen for a fourth time.<br /><br />-- Wed May 22, 2013 3:54 pm --<br /><br />
wayne71 said:
NipHolmes said:

Bellend.

Yet your Mum can't get enough of it ;)

Don't mistake confidence for arrogance. If you know, you know.

Matty said:
There will have been a myriad of different things going on behind the scenes at City of the past few seasons, all of which have culminated in the decision to sack Roberto Mancini. No-one on here will be privvy to the full picture, some will have no clue whatsoever and are basing opinion on gut instinct and media spin whereas others will have snippets of information from various sources but far from a definitive viewpoint.

What seems pretty inevitable from the volume of stories and rumours coming out of City over the past couple of months is that Mancini's position had become unteneable. A growing number of players had seen their relationships with him deteriorate to the point where they felt they could no longer continue to work under him. Add to that a breakdown in relationship with some of his backroom staff, and then probably even more importantly those above him in the hierarchy and it almost made the on pitch results irrelevant with regards to his continuation in the role. The fact that, coupled with the off field issues, the on field performances and results were less than expected as well, Mancini was never going to be able to ride out the storm.

Mancini's management technique is one which, it seems, brings results very quickly, and this was exactly what City were after 3.5 years ago. We hadn't "arrived" as yet as a legitimate top side, we'd never qualified for the Champion's League, and were still trophyless. Mancini brought us all of those things, and in pretty quick time. However a side effect of this was that Mancini's techniques and methods, whilst bringing instance success, also brought with them issues and baggage. His approach was 100% stick and 0% carrott. Short term that's ok, people can deal with it, long term it starts to wear on people and eventually more and more become disillusioned and resentful of the way Mancini behaves.

City have reached the stage now they have "arrived", it's now a case of achieving longevity. We need to still be at the top in 5, 10, 15 years time. That, alongside the restrictions FFP brings, means we need to approach the next few years, and the future in general, in a different manner to the last few years. We simply can't be spending tens of millions of pounds each an every season on established stars, we need to create our own stars via the expensive academy complex we're constructing. This brings with it a new set of aims, and a top-to-bottom approach, or a "holistic" one to use City's vernacular. Some managers can easily accomodate and fit in to this type of approach, others can't. Mancini is not one who this comes easy to, and is unlikely to be willing to change his ways, Mourinho is another who isn't likely to find such an approach a natural fit. This is just another reason why Mancini's days were numbered.

Ultimately I don't believe the on field results would have been enough to see Mancini sacked, had the off field situation been a more healthy one. If Mancini was buying into the ethos and plans, and was man managing his own relationships with the various groups behind the scenes in a better manner, I feel he'd have remained as the manager. He'd likely have been given a "it's got to improve next season" kick in the arse from either the Barcelona duo, or Khaldoun but ultimately he'd have still been City's manager.

Mancini is a winner, but he's JUST a winner. When he isn't winning, like this past season, he isn't bringing enough to the table to make up for that fact.

Pretty much spot on. Excellent post.

Matty said:
There will have been a myriad of different things going on behind the scenes at City of the past few seasons, all of which have culminated in the decision to sack Roberto Mancini. No-one on here will be privvy to the full picture, some will have no clue whatsoever and are basing opinion on gut instinct and media spin whereas others will have snippets of information from various sources but far from a definitive viewpoint.

What seems pretty inevitable from the volume of stories and rumours coming out of City over the past couple of months is that Mancini's position had become unteneable. A growing number of players had seen their relationships with him deteriorate to the point where they felt they could no longer continue to work under him. Add to that a breakdown in relationship with some of his backroom staff, and then probably even more importantly those above him in the hierarchy and it almost made the on pitch results irrelevant with regards to his continuation in the role. The fact that, coupled with the off field issues, the on field performances and results were less than expected as well, Mancini was never going to be able to ride out the storm.

Mancini's management technique is one which, it seems, brings results very quickly, and this was exactly what City were after 3.5 years ago. We hadn't "arrived" as yet as a legitimate top side, we'd never qualified for the Champion's League, and were still trophyless. Mancini brought us all of those things, and in pretty quick time. However a side effect of this was that Mancini's techniques and methods, whilst bringing instance success, also brought with them issues and baggage. His approach was 100% stick and 0% carrott. Short term that's ok, people can deal with it, long term it starts to wear on people and eventually more and more become disillusioned and resentful of the way Mancini behaves.

City have reached the stage now they have "arrived", it's now a case of achieving longevity. We need to still be at the top in 5, 10, 15 years time. That, alongside the restrictions FFP brings, means we need to approach the next few years, and the future in general, in a different manner to the last few years. We simply can't be spending tens of millions of pounds each an every season on established stars, we need to create our own stars via the expensive academy complex we're constructing. This brings with it a new set of aims, and a top-to-bottom approach, or a "holistic" one to use City's vernacular. Some managers can easily accomodate and fit in to this type of approach, others can't. Mancini is not one who this comes easy to, and is unlikely to be willing to change his ways, Mourinho is another who isn't likely to find such an approach a natural fit. This is just another reason why Mancini's days were numbered.

Ultimately I don't believe the on field results would have been enough to see Mancini sacked, had the off field situation been a more healthy one. If Mancini was buying into the ethos and plans, and was man managing his own relationships with the various groups behind the scenes in a better manner, I feel he'd have remained as the manager. He'd likely have been given a "it's got to improve next season" kick in the arse from either the Barcelona duo, or Khaldoun but ultimately he'd have still been City's manager.

Mancini is a winner, but he's JUST a winner. When he isn't winning, like this past season, he isn't bringing enough to the table to make up for that fact.

Excellent post.

On that note I retire from the thread.

NipHolmes said:
taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
No.

I said that because people said what do I know. That's how it started. I said I watched about 20+ hours of footie a week and therefore probably know more because I watch more. Nothing to brag about, just adds foundation to knowledge p.o.v. I am right in my statement too. Many people on where watch City and only City. I don't. It's that simple hence my argument is sound. I don't proclaim to be the most knowledgeable, just more than the majority.

I'm happy he's gone because now we can move forward. Manciniester is dead but Manchester is alive. Love live City, the proper City.

You're a blue and so am I, Mancini was, he's gone but together we remain. Forza City. Now we have moved our separate ways maybe you can keep an eye on Mancini elsewhere, without the blinkers on you may see what some have all along, by that I mean not clouded by love but as a neutral ;)

If knowing is enough why do you always feel compelled to keep coming back to rub people's noses in it? Is it really worth it to you? You pepper your posts with statements about moving forward and everyone being Blues... and then you seem compelled to tell people they're stupid in the next breath.

It can seem that way but honestly and I mean this 100%, I just don't want this to happen for a fourth time.
People are always going to get aggressive. It's better to foe them and move on than let it get to you.

NipHolmes said:

You're going to have to wait a while before patting yourself on the back, the new manager hasn't even signed yet let alone gone out and won us some trophies.

NipHolmes said:
taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
No.

It can seem that way but honestly and I mean this 100%, I just don't want this to happen for a fourth time.

-- Wed May 22, 2013 3:54 pm --

wayne71 said:
NipHolmes said:

Bellend.

Yet your Mum can't get enough of it ;)

Im confident that you're arrogant Nip..how do I know ?? cos I know.. ;)

BobKowalski said:
Matty said:

Pretty much spot on. Excellent post.

Well moderated Sir.

This was supposed to be all about HOW and even IF Mancini could have taken us forward from here. There's been a lot of 'handbags' but still very little answering the basic question of the thread.

Short memory those of you ready to move on so fast.

No way to treat him, or Hughes for that matter. Player power. For me I giving it a miss next season. As they say time is a great healer. This Spanish lot and Marwood too cloke and dagger for me.

Just donated £20 to the fund.

lucablue said:
Short memory those of you ready to move on so fast.

No way to treat him, or Hughes for that matter. Player power. For me I giving it a miss next season. As they say time is a great healer. This Spanish lot and Marwood too cloke and dagger for me.

Just donated £20 to the fund.
Another Mancini fan instead of Manchester city fan.

Ciao

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.