Sacking Mancini... was there even a choice?

lucablue said:
Short memory those of you ready to move on so fast.

No way to treat him, or Hughes for that matter. Player power. For me I giving it a miss next season. As they say time is a great healer. This Spanish lot and Marwood too cloke and dagger for me.

Just donated £20 to the fund.

You made the mistake of making that last speech.It tells us all what we imagined.

Not sure if we had a choice really,the team weren't playing as well as they had done last season and right from the off with the departures of AJ & NDJ and bringing in Sinclair and Garcia (two very poor like for likes) and not bringing in his targets Bobby was on the back foot. I know not getting his trNsfer targets was a real kicker for him but heshould have had enough to mount a better title defence instead of kicking thehornets nest in the boardroom with Marwood and all.
The team just didnt look up for it this year and I think the buck forthat stops with the manager, I wish he had stayed as he is the guy who we all owe a great deal as fans of MCFC, but I think the time was right for a fresh approach with the swamp losing slurAlex and Jose coming to Chelsea.
I just hope the new manager does enough to bring us to the next level as a club!

CTID

oakiecokie said:
lucablue said:

No way to treat him, or Hughes for that matter. Player power. For me I giving it a miss next season. As they say time is a great healer. This Spanish lot and Marwood too cloke and dagger for me.

You made the mistake of making that last speech.It tells us all what we imagined.

At the moment I'm about as excited about the prospect of Pellegrini as I would be if Stuart Pearce was coming back but I'd imagine most of us still pissed off with it all and not particularly excited about our new manager will get over it in the next few weeks and get behind the team and our new manager.

forevermancity said:
lucablue said:

Another Mancini fan instead of Manchester city fan.

Ciao

He's spot on though.

wayne71 said:
oakiecokie said:
lucablue said:

At the moment I'm about as excited about the prospect of Pellegrini as I would be if Stuart Pearce was coming back but I'd imagine most of us still pissed off with it all and not particularly excited about our new manager will get over it in the next few weeks and get behind the team and our new manager.

I don't think most on this forum are agreeing with you there mate.

Dethred said:
GaudinoMotors said:
You are clearly a Pellegrini man - but you don't have to disrespect Mancini's achievements in order to back your man. Even us "inners" accept it's over and hope whoever comes in is the right choice. But - tell me - why are you so totally convinced that Pellegrini will be the right choice - based on what? I acknowledge he is a decent manager or we wouldn't be entertaining him - but why (as you have posted elsewhere) so sure he'll win us the title next year??
Based on hope or on an insight we don't have?

You know, saying "you're clearly a Pellegrini man" is about as disrespectful as saying "you're clearly a Mancini City fan, not a Manchester City fan." If you accept that its over for Mancini at this club, then you should be as optimistic and supportive of whoever we replace him with. You can have whatever misgivings you want about the whole situation, but Mancini was a manager, not the fucking club itself.

The insight you apparently don't have, is that Pellegrini has consistently (without a single faltering season) overachieved at every club he's managed. He's brought two clubs with no real European pedigree (or any at all for that matter) and gotten them to the semi-finals and quarter-finals of the Champions League. If that doesn't boost your confidence, when our previous manager has a dismal record in the same competition, then I don't know what would.

If you need further proof, look at the praise and quotes from players we are considering signing. Simply having a decent shot at bringing in Pellegrini seems to have increased our prospects in the transfer market greatly.

Thanks for the slightly sanctimonious post - and for the insight I obviously don't have.
Who'd have thought that Pellegrini has, as you put it, "overachieved" at former clubs. It's not as though this has been discussed at lengh on here or on/in the media. But of course now everyone is a Pellegini expert and has been following him and his methods for years.
I also think it is possible to say whether you were a Mancini supporter or not and still be a fan of the Club itself - that's what forums are for - to debate the micro elements that make up the club as a whole.
Of course we are being linked with excellent players now - but is that really the Pellegrini factor - or is it because the board themselves are now prepared to once again sign quality?
Ten days on - and yes - is now time to move on and support whoever comes in - that was never in question - but it should never be off limits to question the club and to occaisionally disagree with their decisions or how/when they go about implementing them. This whole episode has created division and animosity between fellow blues but it needed airing and that's why we are members on here.
Apologies and slates wiped clean etc!
Moving on....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.