Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
OK, should have done some minimal sleuthing on Wiki before posting. He' s not young at all, of course. Makes sense. Why would he be on a free, otherwise? So at best he must he must be considered as a stopgap for the next two years or so while waiting for youngsters to come through (since everybody except myself clearly wants to gete shot of Micah, and in any case he obviously wouldn't stick around). Question is, then, who have we got that's quality in the younger ranks? (And please don't anybody say Boyata).

You're knowledge of our club is embarrassing.

FantasyIreland said:
OK, should have done some minimal sleuthing on Wiki before posting. He' s not young at all, of course. Makes sense. Why would he be on a free, otherwise? So at best he must he must be considered as a stopgap for the next two years or so while waiting for youngsters to come through (since everybody except myself clearly wants to gete shot of Micah, and in any case he obviously wouldn't stick around). Question is, then, who have we got that's quality in the younger ranks? (And please don't anybody say Boyata).

And Micah is out of contract soon but has reportedly been offered a new contract by the club which is more reduced wages and bonus's when he plays, etc but he turned it down, leaving the club no other option but to sell him this summer.

OK, should have done some minimal sleuthing on Wiki before posting. He' s not young at all, of course. Makes sense. Why would he be on a free, otherwise? So at best he must he must be considered as a stopgap for the next two years or so while waiting for youngsters to come through (since everybody except myself clearly wants to get shot of Micah, and in any case he obviously wouldn't stick around). Question is, then, who have we got that's quality in the younger ranks? (And please don't anybody say Boyata).
When you mentioned his age I thought that was sarcasm...
And he's not on a free because of his age, Arsenal wouldn't give him a long enough contract last summer so he ran it down and was still brilliant for them.
As for arse fans slating him, he's leaving them. They do get a little bitter.

As for the youth prospects Shay Facey and Adam Drury from the EDS or Ashley Smith-Brown and Pablo Maffeo from the U18's are possibilities in a couple of years maybe.

Edit :- Nobody wants to get shot of Micah but his injury record is appalling and when he has played he seems to have lost any clue of how to defend and attack or vice versa. Everybody would love him to come good but I just can't see it happening.

Fair enough, everybody. Hadn't quite twigged that he was on a free. That changes things.
Still not ready to write off Micah, myself (although I appear to be completely alone in that respect). Yes, he's been injured for quite a long time,now. It's not written into his stars. He was hardly injured at all in the first title winning season. Played some decent football, too, as I remember.

How did you miss the fact that he is a free? Pretty much every page in here will allude to that fact, any article about him as city will mention that fact.

FantasyIreland said:

So is your grammar.

Stoned Rose said:
FantasyIreland said:

So is your grammar.

Indeed....quite shocking in fact!

However,my original point stands:-))

When do france go to the world cup?
They are at home tonite in a friendly and their first game sunday
Time to fit in a medical?

Manchester City complete Bacary Sagna deal

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.givemesport.com/474097-manchester-city-complete-bacary-sagna-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.givemesport.com/474097-manch ... sagna-deal</a>

Manchester City have completed a deal for Arsenal full-back Bacary Sagna and will make an announcement at the start of next month, according to the Mirror.

Sagna has been with Arsenal since joining the club from Auxerre in 2007 but with his contract running out on June 30 has announced his intention to leave north London.

Manchester City are believed to have had a deal sewn up for the Arsenal man for some time, and according to the Mirror the Citizens will wait until his deal with the Gunners expires before officially confirming the switch.

The paper also adds that Manchester City will finalise a deal worth £12 million plus £4 million in add-ons for Porto midfielder Fernando. The 26-year-old old was close to joining Manuel Pellegrini's side in January only for the move to fall through - however he is expected in Manchester in the coming days to sign an agreement and complete a medical.

With Sagna on his way to the north west, Arsenal are likely to step up their search to land a replacement.

The leading candidate for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger appears to be Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier. Liverpool have also been linked with the £7 million.

Topics: #Arsenal #Premier League #Manchester City #Bacary Sagna

And the gooners pick up his quarter of a million salary for June. Excellent, showing them that every penny counts in our bid to comply with FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.