Saints (A) Post Match Thread

Good game that. I think it helped that Southampton actually tried to play and have a go rather than defend with everyone behind the ball.

Still trying to score the perfect goal at times instead of being direct which is frustrating but good to see we at least got into good areas a few times.

Not at our best still but a very good win. Too many sloppy passes and poor decision making. Defence still looking good.

Sterling gets the winning game but his overall play was poor again. Bernardo played well and KDB did some good things but looks tired and a few levels below his best. Torres didn't see much of the ball. Rodri and Gundogan did ok but that double pivot really hurts our attacking game. We're usually only attacking with 4 players.

I'm happy with the 3 points but unfortunately no real signs that we're hitting our stride.

We needed a win and thankfully we got it. Wasn't a great performance but, if we want a top 4 spot, we need to pick up points regardless of performance.

Controlled the second half really well, which I expected as they were bound to run out of steam.

Still a pisser that we are so profligate in the final third, some appalling decision making and finishing yet again.

Major plus point is how solid our defence is - Stones, Dias and Walker were superb, and if we could add a top drawer left back to those 3 we’d be in awesome shape.

Good win, but the standard of finishing week after week beggars belief. Thank heavens for the defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.