Saints (A) Post Match Thread

Good character shown, not a fun match to have gone and played I’m sure. but that 4-on-2 at the end sums up the offense these days!

Ben Foster is criminal for it. You need a sundial to time his preparation to take a goal kick.

there was a game last season or maybe the season before when city was drawing with their keeper wasting so much time it was a joke everybody was onto it but the ref just did nothing next thing city score with about 5 minutes left and ederson was shown a yellow card for time wasting with the first the dead ball kick hahahah

Pep surprised me with this line-up, but it worked well for us apart form the first 25 minutes when we were attacking with 4-1 and for some reason Rodri struggled left on his own. Then Gundo came back - our the most consistent player for some time now - and things improved. We played with a lot of energy, it was strange that we allowed them a lot of time on the ball, but cutting all passing lanes and kept them in their back. Bernardo finally had a good game apart from not scoring a sitter which is shame for the player of his calibre and he is still underwhelming at releasing players with killer passes. But overall, he was everywhere and was excellent recycling the ball. Even KdB didn't look his ordinary pissed off as usual. Ferran is mystery to me, I am not sure if he is suffering in Pep's tinkering systems or he barely has any balls to run onto behind the opposition defence. But yes, it was very good game of football to watch, particularly for us. Converting clear cut opportunities is still a massive issue for us, but the things look much brighter after today's game.

Good character shown, not a fun match to have gone and played I’m sure. but that 4-on-2 at the end sums up the offense these days!

true we should have score and again one to many touches
yes this season we have a bit of steel at the back and look solid ? the only down side is ederson gets brain freeze and rushes out of his line a little to much

Last year we suffered thru having a dodgy defence, despite scoring freely. Should have recruited a CB. This year, we bought 2 CBs and Stones returned to form. A plethora of defenders a year too late. This year we should have bought a top class striker but failed to do this and now we are suffering thru a lack of goals. Neat ironic circle. Will we buy successfully and have a cracking team next year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.