Salsano confirms Hamsik and Lavezzi interest

LoveCity

We've constantly been linked to Napoli's "Three Tenors" and it was actually confirmed that we tried to sign Cavani twice before buying Dzeko instead.

Lavezzi has a big buyout clause and it seems like we're looking at Hamsik as well as him according to Salsano. Do we need him though? Hamsik is an attacking midfielder who scores lots of goals and sets up a fair few too but with Silva and Nasri I'm not sure where he'd fit in and would have thought we might look at a deep-lying midfielder with good passing range, about the only thing besides a fast winger our squad doesn't have.

-

Manchester City are interested in Napoli’s Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Lavezzi, Roberto Mancini’s assistant has revealed.

Earlier this week Mancio stated that he wanted to sign Hamsik while at Inter and it seems that he’s still a big fan.

“Hamsik has developed into a really important player,” Fausto Salsano, a former teammate of Mancini at Sampdoria, told Radio CRC.

“He’s now acquired the right kind of experience.”

Salsano also spoke well of Lavezzi, the Argentine forward who was associated with a summer switch to Manchester.

“Lavezzi is a devastating player,” Salsano continued. “He’s the kind of guy who does real harm n one on one situations.

They are two players who we like because our objective at City is to do great things and win.”

At present, Hamsik and Lavezzi form a crucial trident with Uruguayan international centre-forward Edinson Cavani at the Stadio San Paolo.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-italia.net/oct11n.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-italia.net/oct11n.html</a>

This is ringing in the argie news as well

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.canchallena.com/1413676-lavezzi-podria-ser-el-sustituto-de-tevez-en-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.canchallena.com/1413676-lave ... ester-city</a>

Hamsik has zero place here with Silva and Nasri already in the team.

Lavezzi wouldn't fit in either unless Mancini only wanted to play 1 striker.

Andouble said:

dont really like saying someone is wrong as everyone's opinion is equally valid however i think you should have a look at your comment mate because in my opinion for 1. its all about rotation 2. he plays slightly deeper than nasri and silva (like barry but better at going forward and creating) and 3. as much as i like barry, hes 31 in febuary, come next summer i think hamsick would be a quality acquisition

Sorry to be really trivial ( and all 3 players are excellent by the way) is Salsano the one that looks like Gerry Gow?

kompany10 said:
Andouble said:

dont really like saying someone is wrong as everyone's opinion is equally valid however i think you should have a look at your comment mate because in my opinion for 1. its all about rotation 2. he plays slightly deeper than nasri and silva (like barry but better at going forward and creating) and 3. as much as i like barry, hes 31 in febuary, come next summer i think hamsick would be a quality acquisition

I know it is about rotation mate. But with the names being mentioned and the way we've done things the first few months, we don't rotate 7 or 8 players every match. I like Lavezzi, but I think to get him we'd have to lose both Tevez (done) and Johnson (inevitable, even if its a year or two down the line).

For Hamsik, even though he is more deep lying, a central midfield that would just have De Jong or Yaya and then him, Nasri, Silva is too lightweight, and would never happen under Mancini. Just my opinions, but both Hamsik and Lavezzi are players playing for the best team in Italy at the moment, they are the 'main men', to come to City to be 'part of a rotation', well, if they're up for it then I'll be glad to see them in OUR sky blue.

Yes. Both, please :)

Seriously why the fuck did we get drawn with the best 4th seed by a country mile?

kompany10 said:
Andouble said:

Pretty Darn sure Cavani is up top with Lavezzi and Hamsik right behing him, so not really much deeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.