Salty reactions from other fans and the media

I'm beginning to think that the real reason Liverpool and United fans hate and criticise us so much is nothing to do with the finances. They are just sick and tired of watching City play such brilliant football, week after week, and thinking to themselves...God, if only we could play even half as good as them!!!. Come on City.

Tony Attwood has had his say. Check out the comments. “You are aware that City were found not guilty of breaking ffp rules?” someone asks, to which Tony oddly replies “What an extraordinary question”:

https://untold-arsenal.com/archives/82154
I particularly like ‘City were fined- that means they were guilty’
I hope that contributor has a good carer to keep them away from sharp pencils and the like.

Regarding the media reaction, even though most don't deserve fairness/would never offer it to City fans in the reverse:

If we are being fair, isn't some of the reaction human nature? Nobody likes being on the wrong side of something, of course their eyes scanned the CAS verdict statement, for something, anything to cling on to. "Ah time-barred, that's it"

I have been asking myself, had this gone the other way, if I'd have been able to hold my hands up, just based on the initial brief statement. Not likely at all, I'd be asking for proof, details, immediately.

The real test is if the details in the coming days, do spell out that there was no technicality to it. That City did not do what they were accused of, for the central element of the case.

Will they then be big enough to say: You know what I can see they didn't do it, I had been convinced UEFA had something but they never did. No clinging on to a smaller irrelevant issue to save face.

I think if UEFA had hard evidence that the money did come from Sheikh Mansour/ADUG, eventually City fans would start looking at the club. Maybe move onto to FFP being a scam, rules that only the elite really wanted etc.

These journalist haven't lost much themselves in this, not the way City fans would have felt had it been upheld. So that should be a much easier task. Perhaps we should wait for the details to emerge and judge them on the reaction to that.
I think it may be easier to understand for us having been on the receiving end of piss poor media coverage pretty much as soon as the ink dried on the takeover contract.

I'm beginning to think that the real reason Liverpool and United fans hate and criticise us so much is nothing to do with the finances. They are just sick and tired of watching City play such brilliant football, week after week, and thinking to themselves...God, if only we could play even half as good as them!!!. Come on City.

They're bitter, it's not what they signed up for. They were born entitled on stories of guaranteed success, which as they have no discernible talent, ambition or ability of their own to make a positive or memorable impact upon the world themselves, they decided to glory hunt and leech on other people's success to prescribe some false meaning, belonging and purpose into their otherwise irrelevant and meaningless existence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.