Salty reactions from other fans and the media

Liverpool were a completely manufactured club. Their founder, John Houlding, kicked Everton out of Anfield and therefore had a ground but no team. So he bought a load of players, mainly Scottish ones. He wanted to call them Everton as well but wasn't allowed so he called them Liverpool instead.

So whatever they say about us, they were the original sugar daddy club. At least Everton had some history behind them, as us and the rags did. They were a made up club.

And, like the rags, they were gifted a free stadium. Which fact should be thrown back at any dipper or rag ignoramus that bleats on about City having a free ground.

Houlding also loaned shed loads of money to LFC and when he died it was due to be repaid to the family. However, the family realised that the club wasn't in a position to pay back the loans and any attempt to force them to do so would resuly in the bankruptcy of the club and the total loss of the money owed anyway. So they gave the dippers a free pass by writing off the debt.

They then went through several decades of not winning much and being relegated until the Moores family pumped sugar daddy money into the club to buy them promotion, a new team and trophies.

But try telling any dipper that.

But we are talking about MANCHESTER CITY FC not previous versions of the club that folded.
Just the same as Newton Heath folded and were replaced by Manchester United.
And as you rightly point out,Liverpool are a completely separate entity to Everton.
With the greatest of respect mate clubs are about fans, not company accounts. When a club folds for whatever reason and reforms under a different name as long as the fans remain it is the same club like Wimbledon, Aldershot and Accrington Stanley. So St marks to Ardwick to Manchester City same club; Newton Heath to Man United same club; Liverpool created after nicking Everton’s ground new club.

With the greatest of respect mate clubs are about fans, not company accounts. When a club folds for whatever reason and reforms under a different name as long as the fans remain it is the same club like Wimbledon, Aldershot and Accrington Stanley. So St marks to Ardwick to Manchester City same club; Newton Heath to Man United same club; Liverpool created after nicking Everton’s ground new club.

But didn't the majority of Ardwick fans go and watch Manchester Central?

I think we need @Gary James to sort this out. I thought Manchester Central never materialised because city and united voted against their entry? Certainly Ardwick are more associated with city and thus had their fans.
I reckon Manchester Central could have become quite a cool club. City and united were probably right to neutralise them. I don’t think our moves were entirely altruistic.

I reckon Manchester Central could have become quite a cool club. City and united were probably right to neutralise them. I don’t think our moves were entirely altruistic.
We will never know how football in Manchester would have developed with a third club, it would have depended on where the money went as is the case with every big club anywhere.

More likely to attract investment if you’re centrally located.
That would have killed the Manchester United project before it ever started, if only. Although we would have probably growth to hate Central with the same gusto we reserve for the Rags today! If you hate Manchester Central clap your hands!!

I think we need @Gary James to sort this out. I thought Manchester Central never materialised because city and united voted against their entry? Certainly Ardwick are more associated with city and thus had their fans.
Manchester Central never made it to the Football League because of opposition from City and United. They played in the Lancashire Combination and the Cheshire County League and drew decent crowds playing at the Belle Vue Speedway Stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.