Salty reactions from other fans and the media

Liverpool were a completely manufactured club. Their founder, John Houlding, kicked Everton out of Anfield and therefore had a ground but no team. So he bought a load of players, mainly Scottish ones. He wanted to call them Everton as well but wasn't allowed so he called them Liverpool instead.

So whatever they say about us, they were the original sugar daddy club. At least Everton had some history behind them, as us and the rags did. They were a made up club.

Exactly, nothing organic about Liverpool FC.

It seems to me that the established clubs and their fans just can’t believe you can invest in our club and create a bigger, more powerful, as well as a more footballing and financially successful establishment than their own.

They think we just keep having money pumped in and can’t believe we are a profit making concern. Their assumption of guilt is based on that and that alone.

The ironic thing is that that is how their precious clubs became big in the first place, large well managed investments at some key point in their history and if FFP had been around then their methods would have found them guilty.

It seems to me that the established clubs and their fans just can’t believe you can invest in our club and create a bigger, more powerful, as well as a more footballing and financially successful establishment than their own.

They think we just keep having money pumped in and can’t believe we are a profit making concern. Their assumption of guilt is based on that and that alone.

The ironic thing is that that is how their precious clubs became big in the first place, large well managed investments at some key point in their history and if FFP had been around then their methods would have found them guilty.
If you regularly log onto ESPN there is one club mentioned almost every day as about to sign ..X Y, Z etc................................ That isn't Manchester CITY (but a team that turns out in Red) so don't know where the idiots get the feeling that our owners are pumping money into us every waking minute.

Well said that man. Your final paragraph is perfect

If you regularly log onto ESPN there is one club mentioned almost every day as about to sign ..X Y, Z etc................................ That isn't Manchester CITY (but a team that turns out in Red) so don't know where the idiots get the feeling that our owners are pumping money into us every waking minute.
I think I am right in saying that since the takeover (nearly 12 years ago) we have not broken the British or world transfer fee record? How many times has a team in red (or white) done that?

I think I am right in saying that since the takeover (nearly 12 years ago) we have not broken the British or world transfer fee record? How many times has a team in red (or white) done that?
I think we made the largest payment for a fullback whereas the rags made a payment for the largest fullback.

Hate to be a nit picker but - Founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton), it became Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and Manchester City in 1894.

Liverpool is the son of Everton ha ha ha
St. Marks became Gorton AFC in 1884 before they became Ardwick AFC in 1887.

But, while those three were all forerunners to the other, and despite some people involved somewhere with each of those three clubs somewhere along the line being involved with the founding of City; City were actually founded as a brand new club from scratch in 1894.

Those three weren’t forerunners to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.