Salvio

Mr. Aguia said:
thenabster said:
Wait a minute, Matic is a Central mid. We don't need another one.

We don't? Garcia is awful. Rodwell is insesantly injured. Barry is near the end of his career and the last year of his deal and we could certainly due with improving on him. Look where we were last year with the injuries at that position.

I'm surprised at this move myself but certainly we need more than 1 winger on the team. Yes we have Navas but what if he gets hurt? Sure it seems bizzare to spend 25m after spending 20m of Navas but if we get deep in the CL it would make sense to be able to play 1 while the other plays in the league. I would prefer we went after Shakiri so we have 1 winger on the left but maybe they ahve inquired about LW's and none re available. There seems to be more RW's than left.
Shaqiri would be epic but Bayern don't seem willing to sell. There's Di Maria as well but not sure if we have any genuine interest in him. Still think that if we make any more moves they should be depth signings at CB/LB (if Kolarov leaves)/DM like you said. Wonder if we are looking at Matic.

I've never heard of this lad - is he the next Argetine wonder kid ?

Hazard was this sort of price and he is the next world super star apparently.

LoveCity said:
Inverted wingers are all the rage... assuming he can actually play that role. Anyone seen him much to say whether he's the sort who could cut inside effectively? Navas is more the 'run at defender and take them on' winger so he should play on the right. This guy seems more of a goal scoring winger.

-- Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:41 pm --

sam-caddick said:
Interesting.

Just seen he was at Atletico from 2010-2012, he must of played with Sergio for a year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/04/2560838/atletico-madrids-eduardo-salvio-hopes-real-madrid-target" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... rid-target</a>

Aguero has publicly voiced his wish for a bigger challenge after five years at the club, with both Real Madrid and Juventus believed to be keen on offering him an escape route.

My favorite part of that article.

The 20-year-old, who affirmed he will work hard to grab a place in the Atletico set-up, confessed he did not join Benfica on a permanent switch as the Portuguese side did not exercise their buying option following his loan period

WHY?

Not gonna lie, i've never heard of him! Still think we should turn our attention to Lamela if the fire sale at Roma is true.

Anyways I thought we were saving the left sided spot for Reus/Draxler next year ;)

onceabluealways said:
The 20-year-old, who affirmed he will work hard to grab a place in the Atletico set-up, confessed he did not join Benfica on a permanent switch as the Portuguese side did not exercise their buying option following his loan period

WHY?

That's quite old, he's moved back to Benfica since then.

From what I've heard Matic has a 40m buyout clause. Maybe they would take less but probably not less than 30m+ I thought he would be a good buy myself what I saw of him in Europe League but when I heard his buyout I thought we had little shot.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 3m
O Jogo: City are offering to loan Javi Garcia back to Benfica and pay half his wages in their effort to sign winger Eduardo Salvio (23).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.