Samir Nasri - a joy to watch

Johnsonontheleft

Nasri is a natural born footballer. His close control of a football is better than anyone I've seen in a blue shirt bar maybe Kinkladze who was on a similar level.

For a football purist he is an absolute joy to watch and doesn't get the praise he deserves sometimes. Thought he was excellent against Ajax.

Technically very good,he just needs to take hold of a game more,take the lead,take more responsibility,he spends to many games in the shadows of other players who may not be as good but risk more than he does and contribute more as a result.

Without a doubt he is technically gifted and great at keeping the ball but doesn't take enough risks for me... maybe under instruction? At Arsenal he was a more adventurous and attacking player who scored a lot of goals in his last season there. Here he does everything well but doesn't take many chances which is why he has not proven to be an effective playmaker in Silva's absence. Only 1 assist so far this season and considering he is often our only truly creative player some games that isn't a great return. That cross with the outside of his boot leading to Yaya's goal was lovely though.

Is there another Samir Nasri I haven't seen?

Soz and all that, but since my first game in late '68, I haven't seen anything about him that marks him anything more than 'average' as a player for us.

He runs into more dead ends in a game than anyone I have seen in a Blue shirt.....maybe I am missing something...?

Fantastic technically and is extremely talented, but he lacks penetration of the very top attacking midfielders. I find it frustrating how he seems to slow the pace of the game down when he gets on the ball, he needs to be more penetrative if he wants to be considered one of the best in world football! He has the potential, and I hope he reaches it in a City shirt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.