Samir Nasri - a joy to watch

It continues to amaze me how daft some people are on the subject of Nasri. People sitting here trying to say he's a disappointment because he's not doing what Silva does clearly do not understand football very well. HE IS NOTHING LIKE SILVA AS A PLAYER. I really do not understand why he is ever played as a winger, and I don't even think he should be a CAM (although he can do a job there).

Nasri Best Traits: Passing accuracy and range, ball control, long shots, attacking intelligence (seeing the field, using 1-2's, making runs, ect.).

Traits best for a winger: Beating your guy 1 on 1, explosiveness to get down the outside, crossing, directness.

He doesn't suit playing on the wing at all. He has one of the highest passing percentages in the world for attacking players. He's brilliant at using and helping his teammates to retain possession. He always is looking to get a little space so he can see the field and make a positive decision.

When he's played on the wing, he goes for long periods without touching the ball and then is expected to create something when he gets it. But he doesn't do well in those tight spaces. He's not an instinctual player like Tevez or Silva, who can get the ball in tight spaces and quickly riggle their way through a couple people and find a pass.

Then we finally put him at CM in West Ham, and were more in control that game than any other game this entire season (it's not his fault the attackers couldn't get the ball in the net). We never gave the ball away in the middle, which has killed us SO many times, and we were transitioning from defense to attack very quickly.

I honestly think Samir could do for us what us what Pirlo was doing for Italy in the Euros this summer. And don't tell me he can't handle the defense, because he has worked harder than any of our other attackers defensively this year. He was running inside to cover Yaya and then back out to the wing to help the fullbacks against Ajax.

SUMMARY: Nasri is a very technically gifted player, which tricks people into believing his best contribution is as a playmaker. In reality, he is being completely misused on the wing, and everything he does well game in and game out is actually exactly what we need in the middle (Not CAM, but CM).

Great player but very inconsistent but I think this could be down to the players around him not being grafters.

Without doubt he is a very good footballer.

But to be honest i have been disappointed with him.

He wasn't that good v ajax for fuck sake. how many killer passes did he make?

OK he played quite well, nothing more, nothing less.

I personally think he would be better playing in the number ten role.

He is wasted when he plays on the left, in my opinion of course.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 am --<br /><br />
pweyhe said:
It continues to amaze me how daft some people are on the subject of Nasri. People sitting here trying to say he's a disappointment because he's not doing what Silva does clearly do not understand football very well. HE IS NOTHING LIKE SILVA AS A PLAYER. I really do not understand why he is ever played as a winger, and I don't even think he should be a CAM (although he can do a job there).

Nasri Best Traits: Passing accuracy and range, ball control, long shots, attacking intelligence (seeing the field, using 1-2's, making runs, ect.).

Traits best for a winger: Beating your guy 1 on 1, explosiveness to get down the outside, crossing, directness.

He doesn't suit playing on the wing at all. He has one of the highest passing percentages in the world for attacking players. He's brilliant at using and helping his teammates to retain possession. He always is looking to get a little space so he can see the field and make a positive decision.

When he's played on the wing, he goes for long periods without touching the ball and then is expected to create something when he gets it. But he doesn't do well in those tight spaces. He's not an instinctual player like Tevez or Silva, who can get the ball in tight spaces and quickly riggle their way through a couple people and find a pass.

Then we finally put him at CM in West Ham, and were more in control that game than any other game this entire season (it's not his fault the attackers couldn't get the ball in the net). We never gave the ball away in the middle, which has killed us SO many times, and we were transitioning from defense to attack very quickly.

I honestly think Samir could do for us what us what Pirlo was doing for Italy in the Euros this summer. And don't tell me he can't handle the defense, because he has worked harder than any of our other attackers defensively this year. He was running inside to cover Yaya and then back out to the wing to help the fullbacks against Ajax.

SUMMARY: Nasri is a very technically gifted player, which tricks people into believing his best contribution is as a playmaker. In reality, he is being completely misused on the wing, and everything he does well game in and game out is actually exactly what we need in the middle (Not CAM, but CM).
completely agree with this.

for me he has to play in the middle.

pweyhe said:

+1

I've said for a long time Nasri should be used in a deep role, with Silva ahead. He could be the Pirlo type player we need.

He is indeed a very skilful player. I do, however, get very frustrated when a promising move slows down or stops when he gets the ball. It happens a number of times each game.

pweyhe said:
No one is saying he needs to be like Silva. Even Silva hasn't been "like Silva lately.

He's not a disappointment because he isn't Silva. He's a disappointment because he's a waste of space. I'd probably say he's the most replaceable player that regularly starts for us.

Such an accurate pass master, like Big Nige! ;) Or Silva, oh wait but he's nothing like Silva.

I agree, but he doesn't play as winger or even on the wing really for us. When he does get in those areas, he likes to criss cross apple sauce , crossover , beat same player twice, and then pass to Clichy like we expected the whole time.

I find him quite excellent at retaining the ball under pressure, actually.

not convinced. we have been in control almost all our pl games this season, regardless.. it's only the midfield and defence making the team look bad with stupid schoolboy errors.

Nasri never will be able to do what Pirlo does. Let's stop dreaming. Yes, Pirlo is THAT good ... still.

SUMMARY: Nasri is a very technically gifted player, which tricks people into believing his best contribution is as a playmaker. In reality, he is being completely misused on the wing, and everything he does well game in and game out is actually exactly what we need in the middle
no

kiam06 said:
Great player but very inconsistent but I think this could be down to the players around him not being grafters.
Thing about him is he's hardly ever bad, you just expect more quality from a player like him. Some games, he's just brilliant and you can see from his face that he woke up happy to be a footballer that day.

I'm glad we signed him though because he is still a good option to have, however, I won't overrate him because he is blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.