Samir Nasri - a joy to watch

marshall92 said:
Fantastic technically and is extremely talented, but he lacks penetration of the very top attacking midfielders. I find it frustrating how he seems to slow the pace of the game down when he gets on the ball, he needs to be more penetrative if he wants to be considered one of the best in world football! He has the potential, and I hope he reaches it in a City shirt!

exactly mate. this is the truth unfortunately

Need more of this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDNF5qxJ4KQ[/youtube]

Great player, people seem to compare him to Silva but really they are different players.

Would like to see him slot in the the center midfield spot when Yaya goes to the ACON

LoveCity said:
Without a doubt he is technically gifted and great at keeping the ball but doesn't take enough risks for me... maybe under instruction? At Arsenal he was a more adventurous and attacking player who scored a lot of goals in his last season there. Here he does everything well but doesn't take many chances which is why he has not proven to be an effective playmaker in Silva's absence. Only 1 assist so far this season and considering he is often our only truly creative player some games that isn't a great return. That cross with the outside of his boot leading to Yaya's goal was lovely though.

For the same money, Juan Mata would have been a better buy IMO. Where Nasri is a delicate, intricate and probing sort of footballer, Mata is much more direct and penetrative, and can drive right into the heart of a defense. All too often this season, City have been trying to pick the lock, when kicking the door down is the quickest way in. Nasri is a luxury type of player, and tracking back, or getting stuck in when the bullets are flying just isn't part of his make-up. When the champagne football is flowing, he is a joy to watch...but sometimes you just need someone to put a shift in and do the simple things well. Mata, for me does both.

Robbo. said:
Good footballer, but doesn't use his ability nearly enough. Goes missing to easily, thought he was average at best last night.

Did you ever watch Ali b?
Can see him turning more into Ali B in the years to come, one of my favourites

Just a reminder- he is not a striker ,he is a play maker ......
go back to his Arsenal days for a reference ...
Top class player

LoveCity said:
Without a doubt he is technically gifted and great at keeping the ball but doesn't take enough risks for me... maybe under instruction? At Arsenal he was a more adventurous and attacking player who scored a lot of goals in his last season there. Here he does everything well but doesn't take many chances which is why he has not proven to be an effective playmaker in Silva's absence. Only 1 assist so far this season and considering he is often our only truly creative player some games that isn't a great return. That cross with the outside of his boot leading to Yaya's goal was lovely though.
I would rate his technical skills as second only to Silva. There seems to be a common view that Samir is overly cautious with the ball. The effect of this is that rather than take a risk in the attacking third he will hold it up.

In my view this is a case where the boss needs to have a word in his ear. Tell him that it's ok to take a chance in the final third.

Samir is frustrating because he has enormous talent.

At the moment the best is not being brought out of him. That's the job of the coaching staff.

I personally disagree, I feel he is too slow and not creative enough in possession for what we need. Far too often when he recieves the ball he will go round in a small circle and then do a very simple pass to whomever has come to support him allowing for the opposition to get into position. Very rarely do you see him making those penetrating passes or more direct passes and for his position that is what we need for our playing style to work.

He is a good player, but I think we could do better and if theirs another silva/mata out there I wouldn't mind cashing in on him to make that happen.

MC ID said:
I personally disagree, I feel he is too slow and not creative enough in possession for what we need. Far too often when he recieves the ball he will go round in a small circle and then do a very simple pass to whomever has come to support him allowing for the opposition to get into position. Very rarely do you see him making those penetrating passes or more direct passes and for his position that is what we need for our playing style to work.

He is a good player, but I think we could do better and if theirs another silva/mata out there I wouldn't mind cashing in on him to make that happen.
I agree.

He doesn't lose the ball apparently............want to know why? Because he takes no risks.
He doesn't try to take responsibility on the pitch. He doesn't have the leader mentality.

HE LACKS VISION!!! (and will never have it). This is the major problem with him. He isn't a playmaker, I hate hearing it. He can't pick out player's runs consistently because both his long and short (especially) leave much to be desired. I think he could easily lose his starting place if we sign someone that can pass better because we sorely lack players who can actually service our strikers (one big reason why they're finding it so hard to score)..

He knows this, that's why he doesn't try to play through balls or low percentage passes... When he tries, however, they typically do not come off.

I don't even understand what his purpose is because there are other players that can hold the ball as well as he and actually do something else in addition.

Sometimes he plays well but this guy is getting fat cheques for square passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.