Samir Nasri

He's a good player in the wrong team. He doesn't complement us, rather he slows our play to the point other players get caught out of position. He's had some great games for us, but not enough to warrant a starting spot.

Good player to bring on for ball possession/retention when winning 2-0...but that's about all right now.

Without the marginal technical advantage he enjoys in the Premier League, he looks an especially average footballer.

He'd be great in a walking football team. Certainly wouldn't get called out on running very often. Very talented player but he annoys the shit out of me, whenever he actually runs he's devestating

That is the reason Navas has been starting and the reason he should have tonight.Bad call by the boss.

Nasri is an acquired taste,his attitude is suspect and while he has ability,its not the type we require - at times he almost hinders us with his negative,sluggish play.

I can forgive Bony for not playing well in his first ever champs league game, but Nasri fucking hell does he piss me off.

I see people in other threads buzzing over him and wanking off to ball retention, but he just doesn't suit how we are aiming to play this season with width and pace. He seems to of lost his attacking threat and just slows everything down so much.

Him and Yayas lack of effort tonight just made it look like last season all over again.
Harsh on Yaya, IMHO.

Luxury player. I've never forgiven him for what he did against the Rags in the 90th minute. Navas should be starting ahead of him every time. Navas, for all his shortcomings, puts in a shift and works so hard compared to Nasri who has always been a passenger. Can anyone tell me on one occasion where Nasri has taken the game by the scruff of the neck for us?

Talented, but lacks the stamina and the mental strength required to fulfill that talent.

Luxury player. I've never forgiven him for what he did against the Rags in the 90th minute. Navas should be starting ahead of him every time. Navas, for all his shortcomings, puts in a shift and works so hard compared to Nasri who has always been a passenger. Can anyone tell me on one occasion where Nasri has taken the game by the scruff of the neck for us?

Roma? Sunderland in the final? Chelsea in the title winning season? The first goal against West Ham to win a title? Last week when his ambitious shot created a last minute equaliser? Or the away game before that where he netted a crucial winner.

Nasri has contributed something decisive far more often than Navas.

Sure he wasn't great against Juve but who really was apart from Fernandinho, Sagna and Vinnie. It makes sense if Silva is off to form to bring Nasri in, it's not like Juve scored 2 goals that had anything to do with Nasri, if anything he was trying too hard to defend against Evra that gave Pogba space to cross.
Roma? Sunderland in the final? Chelsea in the title winning season? The first goal against West Ham to win a title? Last week when his ambitious shot created a last minute equaliser? Or the away game before that where he netted a crucial winner.

Nasri has contributed something decisive far more often than Navas.

Sure he wasn't great against Juve but who really was apart from Fernandinho, Sagna and Vinnie. It makes sense if Silva is off to form to bring Nasri in, it's not like Juve scored 2 goals that Nasri had a fault in.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.