Samir Nasri

BlueAnorak said:
He may come good.
That said he isn't a winner - neither is Dave for that matter - both can drop out of a game and become anonymous. Dave is at the moment for sure.

We need more players who will do whatever it takes to win especially in AM and attack. Without Vince and Lescott we only have Hart, Micah and YaYa who will go the extra mile at all times. I'd hoped that Sergio was a winner too but he too can become anonymous. Milner is a winner too but seemingly he's in Mancini's bad books.
He is just average. And this, he is a winner thingy, is not a quantifiable quality. Good players are winners, if they let their talent do the work they need.

Again in my opinion, one of our main problems is having poor ball playing defenders bring the ball out on a team that doesn't hoof the ball. Last night fror the first 20 minutes Yaya and Pizzaro masked that by threading long passes and both moving hecticaly. But they were literally always having to come to our half simply because our CD can't effectively bring the ball out in spite of little pressure. Savic is scared shitless coz of past mistakes, and Kolo does his tappy legs move and points around then shotpasses to his brother half a foot away and stands still.

Get a CD who can play out of the back. And get a leftback who moves fluidly up and down his side, and has some speed. and then Yaya Pizarro and Silva can flourish in the middle until we get Pizarro's replacement.

Oh! Kudos to Nigel for showing guts yesterday, but he and Milner are simply not those players.

Mancini is currently at the Lille game watching Eden Hazard.

Suppose we buy him, what does that mean for Nasri?

Jumanji said:

I don't know but there is no way he will dumped after just 1 year.

Jumanji said:

Hopefully that he's one the first fucking bus back to Arsenal. We can cover a return trip and get it to bring back Van Persie too. Winner.

BlueCityfan said:
Jumanji said:

Unless PSG offer us our money back? You never know, they want will want top French names.

LoveCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
Jumanji said:

Unless PSG offer us our money back? You never know, they want will want top French names.

Yeah, but i doubt it. And i doubt the club want a reputation of buying expensive players and then dumping them for the next shiny thing after 1 year.

Look at Bridge, RSC, Ade etc. The last thing the club want to do is create this kind of cycle.

Btw, if Mancini is looking at Hazard he must be impressed. Hazard just scored.

I just rewatched the Sporting game, and Nasri was pretty good. City fans and probably lots of his teammates don't understand how Nasri plays. He'd be a killer on a team like Athletic, and should be a killer for us once most of the players get him.

1 thing about Nasri is that he doesn't force the issue. Something most City fans tend to hate about him. But this is actually a fantastic quality he has if you understand or watch his play closely. Even I thought he had a shitty game against Sporting until I went back and watched it again. When Nasri turns back and passes off, he almost immediately darts into the area the ball should have gone had he tried to force the issue. No one gets this except for Yaya and Aguero.

He did this 3 times and would have been in had he gotten a return pass. It is such a beautiful move, that it pains me that too many don't see it. He was the catalyst for the penalty Aguero won and moved well all game.

Get Hazard if you must, but Nasri has a great footballing braim. City fans have to realize that.

Dax777 said:
Get Hazard if you must, but Nasri has a great footballing braim. City fans have to realize that.

Playing Nasri as a wide player, is like telling Modric to do Bale's job.

Mancini did it last season by playing Milner as a winger and he didn't impress, but this season he had more games as a CM and he impressed the majority of this forum.

And I think Nasri will be better as a CM and not as a winger.

Dax777 said:
I just rewatched the Sporting game, and Nasri was pretty good. City fans and probably lots of his teammates don't understand how Nasri plays. He'd be a killer on a team like Athletic, and should be a killer for us once most of the players get him.

1 thing about Nasri is that he doesn't force the issue. Something most City fans tend to hate about him. But this is actually a fantastic quality he has if you understand or watch his play closely. Even I thought he had a shitty game against Sporting until I went back and watched it again. When Nasri turns back and passes off, he almost immediately darts into the area the ball should have gone had he tried to force the issue. No one gets this except for Yaya and Aguero.

He did this 3 times and would have been in had he gotten a return pass. It is such a beautiful move, that it pains me that too many don't see it. He was the catalyst for the penalty Aguero won and moved well all game.

I see what you're saying. A lot of his run's aren't picked out..at Arsenal he had Fabregas to pick him out with ease as Fabregas typically does.

I'm still not a fan of Nasri though.

Mancini watching player ? Look at the players he's bought who looked shit hot till he brought them to city and will then fuck them into his system which is not the way they where playing when he bought them ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.