Samir Nasri

Nasri is a very good player , and has shine in America ... but he'll know we need more consistent performances from him in the Premiership next season , and hopefully we'll get them.

I feel like people must notice how horribly misused he has been. I'd say he's had some struggles mentally, and for good reasons with everything that has happened here, in France, and within his family, but the main reason we don't see his best is because he's never given the chance to show it.

Every single time he is given freedom to roam inside and outside, up and down the field, he absolutely kills it. Just look at that friendly in New York. He was amazing. You could hardly name a player who looks so damn smooth playing the game. The ball seems to be glued to his feet and he can just absolutely work the opponents with his dribbling and his passing and his finishing.

However, it's really felt like Mancini has given a very specific role for him to play in the team. A role that involves playing second fiddle to Silva, meaning he has had to stick out wide with little freedom, and that is not at all where he is strongest. This guy could take us to another level if he was given the reigns to take control, and I don't think it would hinder Silva or our defense, because he still gets back to the wings to help defensively even if he's roaming around offensively.

Here is an interesting piece of statistics.

Nasri created 16 clear cut chances or Big chances this season (second only to Baines). And All of Nasri's goal assists occurred from open play.

Total-Clear-cut-chances-2013.png

This was before the last game of the season (Norwich).

I think it can be widely concluded that he's no doubt a class player with the potential to be world class, but he needs to become more consistent and have greater involvement in games.

Considering his position as our second playmaker we must have him firing for the majority of the season to be a realistic chance of winning the title/going deep into CL. There's too much put on Silva's shoulders far too regularly, he needs to step up and the upcoming season is his last chance imo.

ws01 said:
I think it can be widely concluded that he's no doubt a class player with the potential to be world class, but he needs to become more consistent and have greater involvement in games.

Considering his position as our second playmaker we must have him firing for the majority of the season to be a realistic chance of winning the title/going deep into CL. There's too much put on Silva's shoulders far too regularly, he needs to step up and the upcoming season is his last chance imo.

Or one could instead say he will now hopefully get a chance to play in his best position and his natural game. Something which didn't happen that often when Mancini was in charge. Yet almost everytime he did get the chance he put in a really good performance.

Samir is second only to the sublime Merlin in terms of ball skills. We really missed Samir consistently contributing to the attacking midfield. The result was that often Merlin was our only creative outlet for long periods during the season. This in turn put enormous pressure on Merlin.

Samir can be a fabulous player for us if he turns up every week and gives it all. I believe that if he does we can win back the title next season. That's how important he will be to the team.

If he plays to his ability, and is played in the right position, he can be a world class player.

Never got himself going last season. After a good start he got a virus, after coming back he got injured at Newcastle, after cloning back he got sent off at Norwich then didn't play for a while, after coming back he got another injury, he was then called out by Mancini and had a great end to the season. There was only really Tévez who played better than Samir in the last few months of the season.

I think he's an excellen footballer. Gets far too much stick for doing the slightest things wrong from our crowd, who seem to let other players off for doing the same thing.

We all know he can be a fantastic player.....when he wants to be. My concern with him is, im not sure he has the mental strength to be the player he could be. I always think he performs at his best when the pressure is off eg last 8 games of 2011/12 when nobody gave us a hope of winning the title.....The last 10 games of this season when we were out of race and meaningless friendlies in the US.

I want to see him step up to the plate, consistently when the pressure is on and it really matters! The best players do this, Nasri needs to do this.

Couldn't give a flying what he does for France, City pay your wages, do not forget that.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331600/Samir-Nasri-earns-France-recall-determined-prove-himself.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... mself.html</a>

Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri is determined to make a positive impact for France after being included in the squad for this summer’s tour of South America.
Nasri had been left out in the cold by manager Didier Deschamps following a three-match international ban for his behaviour during Euro 2012.
The 25-year-old had sworn at a reporter and yelled 'Shut your mouth!' at another journalist during the tournament and was not immediately recalled after serving his ban.

All smiles: Samir Nasri has been recalled to the France squad after a near year-long absence
However, Nasri is now back in the fold for the two friendlies against Uruguay and Brazil after a year’s absence and is keen to make an impact.
'Firstly, I am very happy to be back in blue. This is something very important for me to play with the team of France,' Nasri told L’Equipe.
'When I heard the news, I was very happy. I have received messages of encouragement from my team-mates, including Franck Ribery and Mathieu Valbuena, it warmed my heart.
'I come into the squad with the desire to show that I can help this team and I’m not, how some people think, the idiot that makes a mess in the group.'

Overdue? Nasri hasn't played for France since Euro 2012

Or a risk? Didier Deschamps hasn't turned to Nasri before
Nasri also admitted his time out of the national squad has given him chance to mature.
'Yes, criticisms and comments help you to mature. In life, if one is criticised - when they are justified, we must always try to understand the reasons and solutions to change,' Nasri said.
'I made the mistake of waiting too long before my mea culpa and to apologise after the incident with the reporter.
'But the fact that I finally expressed helped me a lot. This allowed me to free myself of a weight and become calm in the field. Today, I feel good.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.