Samir

Bombo

Is it just me or do we seem to play better without Nasri in the team. I remember last season our best form was when Milner was in the staring line up and Samir was on the bench. I think it might even be a situation like Lampard and Gerrard for England. Can we really play Silva and Nasri in the same team? For me we play play better as a team, and they play better as individuals when only one of them starts, and Silva is the superior player in my opinion.

No. We just played well yesterday with the team we had. Some of the best performances I've ever seen in my life have been with Samir playing.

Last season David and Samir started striking up a bit if a Xavi and Initesta partnership with some great understanding of each others play. Samir's passing quality and ball retention is quite outstanding. He just had a few iffy games to start this season.

Bombo said:
Is it just me or do we seem to play better without Nasri in the team. I remember last season our best form was when Milner was in the staring line up and Samir was on the bench. I think it might even be a situation like Lampard and Gerrard for England. Can we really play Silva and Nasri in the same team? For me we play play better as a team, and they play better as individuals when only one of them starts, and Silva is the superior player in my opinion.

Agree.

Everything is just too slow paced with Nasri. Neither Silva or Nasri have that raw speed that winger must have but then Silva makes up for it with hsi one touch passing. Nari holds on to the ball for too long and slows down any counter attack or any high tempo passing.

What Nasri is good for is when we need to retain possession in a home game and break down a team that is parking the bus. For example Chelsea at home last year in the last 20 mins. Although he takes so long on the ball, he can sometimes find a clever pass or something a bit more intricate that others cant.

I personally think he suits a more central role where he played at Arsenal. Topp of my wishlist for a third transfer window running, is a quick, quality wide player. RM tried t get Alexis Sanchez and then Hazard, either of them would have been perfect.

Last season:
Samir created 78 chances for teammates. That was 6th best in the Prem and second best at City (David was the best City player in this stat and was 1st in Prem with 104).
Samir had a pass accuracy of 91%. That was 9th best in Prem and second best at City (Nigel was best at City with 92.3% and was 4th in Prem).

I don't see how Nasri slows things down. If anything he keeps things rolling nicely. He's always available for a pass and doesn't give it away.

Didn't realise the influence Nasri had last season until I watched the DVD of last season.

Bombo said:

Yes and No

Assuming that Yaya and Silva and Aguero / Tevez are automatic starters then to fit Samir in you have to drop Yaya back into the DM 2 which leaves us a little short from an attacking perspective

If Yaya plays more of an attacking role like yesterday unless he plays where Ballo did then on Silva current for he may struggle

danburge82 said:
Last season:
Samir created 78 chances for teammates. That was 6th best in the Prem and second best at City (David was the best City player in this stat and was 1st in Prem with 104).
Samir had a pass accuracy of 91%. That was 9th best in Prem and second best at City (Nigel was best at City with 92.3% and was 4th in Prem).

I don't see how Nasri slows things down. If anything he keeps things rolling nicely. He's always available for a pass and doesn't give it away.

that doesnt make him quick and high tempo. If anything high passing percentage says the opposite (with some exceptions of course). The highest passing accuracy percentage tend to go to CB's and DM's who pass slowly and have time on the ball such as Ashley Wiliams, Carrick, NDJ etc. Those who have lower percentages play more risky passes and more high tempo, one touch passes. An the comment about chances supports exactly what I said that his does have an intelligent, creative spark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.