Samir

We have won games with all players in or out of the team at some point of time. No conclusions can be drawn from this.

I don't think we'll ever truly integrate Nasri and Silva into the same side. Any team we put out could have a good day and knock 5 past an opponent, but the most rounded, steady stable team that will pull out the results week in week out against the toughest opponents may be different.

I know many saw it as a Xavi/Iniesta partnership but they're all different players, and the subtleties can lead to one partnership being successful where one is not.

I would be interested to see how the side would set up with someone like Ronaldo in place of Nasri. I think that's the kind of level we need to be aiming at with a player in that position. Someone who the opposition ends up having to put two men on because he's so dangerous, giving Silva, Aguero etc more space to ply their trade.

dctid said:
Bombo said:
Is it just me or do we seem to play better without Nasri in the team. I remember last season our best form was when Milner was in the staring line up and Samir was on the bench. I think it might even be a situation like Lampard and Gerrard for England. Can we really play Silva and Nasri in the same team? For me we play play better as a team, and they play better as individuals when only one of them starts, and Silva is the superior player in my opinion.

Yes and No

Assuming that Yaya and Silva and Aguero / Tevez are automatic starters then to fit Samir in you have to drop Yaya back into the DM 2 which leaves us a little short from an attacking perspective

If Yaya plays more of an attacking role like yesterday unless he plays where Ballo did then on Silva current for he may struggle

Agree with this. You need two 'water carriers' (Barry/MilnerGarcia/Rodwell) if the aforementioned are all to shine together. We should arguably only ever perm two out of Silva/YaYa/Nasri/Sinclair, and the aim before ACON ought to be decreasing the dependency on YaYa .

I doubt there is anything with who Nasri plays with, what formation we play etc.. he had some fantastic performances in all kind of formations and run the team on his own in some wins..

It's completely up to him, he just doesn't play his best or close to it in lot of games. When he is playing his best he creates more chances than Silva on his best - for ex. Southampton game, he scored and could easily have 5 assists, never saw Silva having such game. But then next game he can easily be invisible.

Shame, consistent Nasri is one of best Premier League players, Samir at his best is unstoppable.

nasri is infuriating to watch at times. like said above, he slows things down too often. he's got all the talent but so often seems to be playing within himself. when hes at his best he's a magnificent player to watch , arguably our best to watch. jinking runs, linking up play with little one twos, and scoring goals. still think we're yet to see his best

danburge82 said:
Last season:
Samir created 78 chances for teammates. That was 6th best in the Prem and second best at City (David was the best City player in this stat and was 1st in Prem with 104).
Samir had a pass accuracy of 91%. That was 9th best in Prem and second best at City (Nigel was best at City with 92.3% and was 4th in Prem).

I don't see how Nasri slows things down. If anything he keeps things rolling nicely. He's always available for a pass and doesn't give it away.

Nuff sed, db!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Blueles61 said:
Didn't realise the influence Nasri had last season until I watched the DVD of last season.
Exactly. When Silva's form nosedived in the second half of the season it was Nasri who took the reins from him.

Completely agree Nasri carried the burden of providing creativity at the back end of last season along with crucial goals against Spurs, Chelsea, Wolves. James Milner was fantastic yesterday and deserves more starts, but to claim were better without Nasri is crazy in my opinion.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
danburge82 said:
Last season:
Samir created 78 chances for teammates. That was 6th best in the Prem and second best at City (David was the best City player in this stat and was 1st in Prem with 104).
Samir had a pass accuracy of 91%. That was 9th best in Prem and second best at City (Nigel was best at City with 92.3% and was 4th in Prem).

I don't see how Nasri slows things down. If anything he keeps things rolling nicely. He's always available for a pass and doesn't give it away.

Nuff sed, db!

Also didnt have the same anount of game time as others who created more. Didnt need him yesterday but do not underestimate how good he is.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 pm --<br /><br />
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
danburge82 said:
Last season:

Nuff sed, db!

Also didnt have the same anount of game time as others who created more. Didnt need him yesterday but do not underestimate how good he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.