San Marino v England | Monday 15th November 2021

A ridiculous comparison, a Scotsman accusing an Englishman of bigotry is like Fred West moaning about the state of his neighbour's patio.
That’s really the best comparison that you could come up with?? You must be such a hoot down the pub. Have a good evening.

Wasn’t Kane the whole point?

“for Argentina” doesn’t mean anything because Messi has proven that he isn’t a flat track bully by scoring in numerous huge games and finals, Kane has not.
You said Mbappe's four goals against Kazakhstan weren't stat padding because he'd won the World Cup - fair enough. Messi has an outstanding record in big games at club level, but has arguably underperformed in major international finals. Lukaku, much as everyone here mocks him, is Belgium's top international goal scorer but has only won two league titles - one with Anderlecht and one last year with Inter. Is he just a stat padder? Jimmy Greaves scored a load of goals at club level and 44 goals in 57 games for England, and he only won a couple of FA Cups and a Cup Winners' Cup with Spurs back in the day. Is that not stat padding? Why is goal scoring only a bad thing when Harry Kane does it?

You can only beat what’s in front of you but seriously what good does it do either side ??????
I mean it must get to a point where the likes of Sam Marino etc get sick of these humiliating defeats would it make sense to stick them in a group of equally poor teams where they can gain a bit of confidence before they take on the bigger nations ??????
I mean if you game plan is to keep it below 5 every game then you ain’t gonna do anything are you ?????

You said Mbappe's four goals against Kazakhstan weren't stat padding because he'd won the World Cup - fair enough. Messi has an outstanding record in big games at club level, but has arguably underperformed in major international finals. Lukaku, much as everyone here mocks him, is Belgium's top international goal scorer but has only won two league titles - one with Anderlecht and one last year with Inter. Is he just a stat padder? Jimmy Greaves scored a load of goals at club level and 44 goals in 57 games for England, and he only won a couple of FA Cups and a Cup Winners' Cup with Spurs back in the day. Is that not stat padding? Why is goal scoring only a bad thing when Harry Kane does it?
It’s not a bad thing lol. It’s just if you never score in big games and you do score loads in other games you are a stat padder. The only “big” games Kane turns up for are North London derbies. And we all recognise Arsenal are hardly the top standard.
I am too young to tell you about Greaves (although he’d be a World Cup winner had he not gotten injured). Lukaku, I would say, is a bit of a stat padder as he doesn’t score enough important goals. You say hes “only” got 2 League Titles, that’s still 2 more than Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.