Santa to finally sign for city

kidash

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1103318/Hughes-set-finally-man-seal-18m-Santa-Cruz-switch.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Manchester City will kick-start the January sales by agreeing a fee of £18million with Blackburn for striker Roque Santa Cruz in the next 24 hours.

Talks are at an advanced stage, with both clubs keen to complete the move quickly. City manager Mark Hughes is anxious to secure a player he signed for Blackburn from Bayern Munich for a bargain fee of £3.8m just 16 months ago, while new Rovers boss Sam Allardyce expects to be handed £10m from the sale and wants as much time as possible to spend it.

Santa Cruz himself insistedon Tuesday he would only quit Ewood Park for another Barclays Premier League club despite interest from Real Madrid.
ITED KINGDOM - AUGUST 23: of Blackburn Rovers in action during the Barclays Prem

Roque Santa Cruz is set to become a Manchester City player in the New Year

The 27-year-old told Radio Primero de Mayo: 'I would like to stay in England. I like this league. It is one of the most competitive in the world.'

He added: 'I have nothing to do with any offers. They are made to the club and the directors make a decision.'

As revealed by Sportsmail earlier this month, Allardyce has always accepted he would have to sacrifice his prize asset to afford the reinforcements he needs to keep Blackburn up.
r Mark Hughes direct their

Eastlands boss Mark Hughes knows his team must start climbing up the table if he is to keep his job at the world's richest football club

Although he insisted that he would be reluctant to part with his best players, Santa Cruz's desire to leave, Blackburn's need for new blood and City's ability to give them a huge profit on their investment always made a deal inevitable.

Santa Cruz, 27, has to agree personal terms, but that is not expected to be a problem considering the wealth of City's owners, his close relationship with Hughes and an admission on the eve of Allardyce's first game that he wanted to test himself at a bigger club.

The Paraguay striker, who scored 23 goals in his first season in England, has yet to play under Allardyce because of a calf injury.
Sam Allardyce

Sam Allardyce would be prepared to let Santa Cruz go - for the right price

Having had two bids turned down, Hughes will now get his man at the third attempt to begin what is expected to be a busy month of transfer business at Eastlands.

He is also hoping to prise Germany's World Cup defender Philipp Lahm from Bayern Munich if Chelsea refuse to allow Wayne Bridge to join.

Hughes pencilled the England left back on to his wish list almost as soon as the Abu Dhabi United Group takeover of City in August promised a money-no-object budget to sign New Year reinforcements.
German Philipp Lahm cele

Hughes may also try and bring German international Philipp Lahm to Eastlands

But Chelsea are in no hurry to do business with City after seeing their deal for Robinho hijacked at the 11th hour in the summer.

Hughes is ready to pay £8m, but if Chelsea play hardball over Bridge, he will once again turn to his old club Bayern.

Lahm made the all-star team at the 2006 World Cup and has six years' Bundesliga experience with the club he joined as an 11-year-old.

He was a Barcelona target last summer but signed a new deal until 2012, so is likely to cost more than £8m.

Re this; The Paraguay striker, who scored 23 goals in his first season in England, has yet to play under Allardyce because of a calf injury.
Sam Allardyce

As Ajay said all of the clubs, mangers & players involved in transfers are fully aware that they had to be fit to play from day one.

Funny how quite a few of the players we've been linked with have injuries!

Totally agree IMO, can hold the ball up, can head the ball (on target) & can stay on his feet (unlike Jo) better than anyone we have available at the moment.

Bluemoon115 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
WRONG!

The deal is already done. "Leaks" are being sent to the British press now, but it was concluded 2 weeks ago.
You got anymore info for us?

Thats old info ;-P

I've heard bits, but nothing to get excited over because
a) It's not that exciting
2) Unreliable source
go for it, always love a rumour :)

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
WRONG!

The deal is already done. "Leaks" are being sent to the British press now, but it was concluded 2 weeks ago.
You got anymore info for us?

Thats old info ;-P

I've heard bits, but nothing to get excited over because
a) It's not that exciting
2) Unreliable source
go for it, always love a rumour :)

Nah, it's nothing. Forget I said it. Time will tell. I don't want to be on the list 3 times BEFORE the window opens.

Bluemoon115 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Nah, it's nothing. Forget I said it. Time will tell. I don't want to be on the list 3 times BEFORE the window opens.
Just had a look at 'the list of doom' you seem to be right with RSC, with the arshavin bid is that a presumption with the news that 2 bids have been accepted or have you heard something more concrete that it is us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.