Sarri sacked by Juventus

Perhaps Serie A have had a word and told Juventus to try and make next season look competitive?

Perhaps Serie A have had a word and told Juventus to try and make next season look competitive?
Hope not mate.

I'm obviously scared by this decision and I'm most of all worried for Pirlo himself; we'll survive either way, his professional image might not. I hope the boss didn't just throw him out there as an expendable figurehead. Of course I hope for the miracle and for him to succeed with 0 experience but brrrr, exciting times. Can't wait to see how this goes.

On another note, I look forward to seeing him meet with Gattuso before juve-napoli lol

Edit: Nice new design for the forums btw, hadn't been here in a while and it's really sleek. Only thing is there's no search button anymore :/

Last edited:
Absolutely, more so when a former great player doesn't even have any coaching experience. It's a bizarre decision
They didn't sack him just because Ronaldo apparently didn't like him. The whole team didn't particularly like him, didn't follow him and he wasn't able to communicate with them. It was obvious to see on the pitch; we often played as if we had no instructions or ideas, as if the players were left clueless with no coach or preparation.

We won the title just because luckily some of our opponents committed suicide in some matches, but it was obvious to everyone that Sarri was not the right coach for Juventus and he never looked comfortable being it. They should never have signed him in the first place, in fact.

The problem then has been finding a substitute and this time our chairman decided to take matters into his own hands (as he did when choosing Conte and Allegri), since Sarri hadn't been exactly his choice. He's taken a huge risk, but more important than the choice of coach will be rejuvenating our team and respectfully letting go of some dead-weight players. We can't progress unless we do that.

They didn't sack him just because Ronaldo apparently didn't like him. The whole team didn't particularly like him, didn't follow him and he wasn't able to communicate with them. It was obvious to see on the pitch; we often played as if we had no instructions or ideas, as if the players were left clueless with no coach or preparation.

We won the title just because luckily some of our opponents committed suicide in some matches, but it was obvious to everyone that Sarri was not the right coach for Juventus and he never looked comfortable being it. They should never have signed him in the first place, in fact.

The problem then has been finding a substitute and this time our chairman decided to take matters into his own hands (as he did when choosing Conte and Allegri), since Sarri hadn't been exactly his choice. He's taken a huge risk, but more important than the choice of coach will be rejuvenating our team and respectfully letting go of some dead-weight players. We can't progress unless we do that.

Sarri missed the first two matches of the season with chronic lung problems due to 40 fags a day addiction.

it went downhill from there.

it was extraordinary that they went on to win their ninth successive scudetto, despite Sarri being at the helm.

Despite saying that, he inherited the weakest defence and defensive midfield that Juve have had since the years immediately following the Calciopoli scandal that saw the Old Lady punished with relegation to Serie B in 2006.

Interesting insight from a Juve fan. I still think the players are a main problem and you need major squad reconstruction in order to compete for the CL. Arthur for Pjanic is a start but Arthur is also slow.

Defense: Bonucci 33, Chiellini was mostly injured but he’s 35. Your starting right back, Cuadrado is a winger and is 32. His backup Danilo is 29 and also isn’t a top player to be honest. Sandro is 29 as well, not a top left back. Then you have a young De ligt who hasn’t exactly met expectations but the talent and potential is still there obviously. Demiral is also young but not sure what happened with him. Injured? He looked a talent as well.

The midfield is probably the biggest problem. Matuidi 33, Khedira 33, Ramsey 29, none even close to good enough. Then Bentancur and Rabiot who are both young but aren’t top players. Arthur is a improvement but it’s not enough.

In attack, dependent on a 35 year old Ronaldo, Higuain is past it, Bernardeschi not good enough. Not sure what is going on with Douglas Costa? And Dybala while a top player, is more of a number 10, let’s see how Pirlo fits him in and what system he uses.

The owners want the Champions League but this squad is not good enough. You are at least a 2 good transfer windows away from challenging.

Interesting insight from a Juve fan. I still think the players are a main problem and you need major squad reconstruction in order to compete for the CL. Arthur for Pjanic is a start but Arthur is also slow.

Defense: Bonucci 33, Chiellini was mostly injured but he’s 35. Your starting right back, Cuadrado is a winger and is 32. His backup Danilo is 29 and also isn’t a top player to be honest. Sandro is 29 as well, not a top left back. Then you have a young De ligt who hasn’t exactly met expectations but the talent and potential is still there obviously. Demiral is also young but not sure what happened with him. Injured? He looked a talent as well.

The midfield is probably the biggest problem. Matuidi 33, Khedira 33, Ramsey 29, none even close to good enough. Then Bentancur and Rabiot who are both young but aren’t top players. Arthur is a improvement but it’s not enough.

In attack, dependent on a 35 year old Ronaldo, Higuain is past it, Bernardeschi not good enough. Not sure what is going on with Douglas Costa? And Dybala while a top player, is more of a number 10, let’s see how Pirlo fits him in and what system he uses.

The owners want the Champions League but this squad is not good enough. You are at least a 2 good transfer windows away from challenging.

I think Easy summed up the problems extremely well.

They need at least 4 quality signings, a new left back, two midfield players that compare with the likes of Vidal, Pogba and Pirlo who were central to the success of the Juventus renaissance in the 2011-2015 period. They desperately need a quality No 9 that can be compared with likes of Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic and the likes they had 15/16 years ago.

Pirlo has a lot on his plate.....

You'll have to show me where I claimed CR had anything to do with Sarri's sacking.

Juventus win the scudetto in a trot, there is little opposition to them - it's Europe they have aspirations for. They are also a toy for the Fiat family and I would contend often have issues with how to manage a club professionally. They resemble RM in that regard, appointing a club legend without any coaching experience however remains bizarre even by Perez' standards. Zidane actually coached (Albeit poorly) with the cantera of RM before taking over

I don't know the nature of the issues with Sarri, I have gotten the impression he is not easy to contend with but getting pampered rich footballers to get in line is a struggle for all the biggest clubs although I suspect Agnelli's approach does not facilitate it either. I agree he was an odd selection but to go from odd to odder, begs of incompetence. Even Gattuso has his side looking more like a formidable unit, Conte should improve Inter still (If Sensi stays healthy) but a bit chaotic at your club atm - of course, things are not much better at mine

Yeah exactly, most of us fans know that rejuvenating the squad is the main problem. There are some good potential cornerstones (Sczezny of course, De Ligt, Demiral, Dybala, old Ronnie, Bentancur, end-of-season Rabiot + the arrival of Arthur, Kulusevski and probably Pellegrini) but still lots of players to change and substitute. There are rumours about getting Milik from Napoli but who knows. He'd be useful since we need a #9 and Higuain is no longer fit for the job.

You'll have to show me where I claimed CR had anything to do with Sarri's sacking.

Juventus win the scudetto in a trot, there is little opposition to them - it's Europe they have aspirations for. They are also a toy for the Fiat family and I would contend often have issues with how to manage a club professionally. They resemble RM in that regard, appointing a club legend without any coaching experience however remains bizarre even by Perez' standards. Zidane actually coached (Albeit poorly) with the cantera of RM before taking over

I don't know the nature of the issues with Sarri, I have gotten the impression he is not easy to contend with but getting pampered rich footballers to get in line is a struggle for all the biggest clubs although I suspect Agnelli's approach does not facilitate it either. I agree he was an odd selection but to go from odd to odder, begs of incompetence. Even Gattuso has his side looking more like a formidable unit, Conte should improve Inter still (If Sensi stays healthy) but a bit chaotic at your club atm - of course, things are not much better at mine
Uh sorry, I thought you were claiming that since you replied to a line of posts that did. Anyway, yeah the last couple years have been a bit rocky even though from an outsider perspective it might look like we're breezing through everything. As far as our board's competence goes though, we'll have to see how next season develops. I'd say they've done a pretty good job these past 9 years lol.

Serie A imo has actually been more competitive than some other leagues (e.g. the Prem) in more recent seasons; it might not seem so because the end winner is the same but the fight for the title has been closer than in some other countries.

Of course we fans are a bit flabbergasted by seeing Pirlo as our new coach, especially because our club is usually quite cautious and doesn't make this kind of choices. I hope Conte will be in his self-destructive mood next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.