SAS Who dares wins

I think you’re confusing “SAS Are You Tough Enough” with Blue Peter.

The clue is kinda in the title.
And don’t get me started on the way they hood the contestants and drag them to speak to the staff. If the camp case under attack at that point, the hooded person’s safety would be totally compromised. There’s simply no justification for some of the things that go on.

And don’t get me started on the way they hood the contestants and drag them to speak to the staff. If the camp case under attack at that point, the hooded person’s safety would be totally compromised. There’s simply no justification for some of the things that go on.
Ahhhh you got me! Very good.

I’m just not sure it’s all necessary. In episode 1, when they were running up a mountain pulling a 60kg sleigh, Ant shouted “Surprise, surprise, there’s four chicks at the back.”

A few days later in the office where I work, the printer needed to be pulled out. I tried the same tactic. I said (and was clearly joking) “Surprise, surprise, a bloke has to move the printer because the chicks aren’t up to it.”

I’ve been spoken to one to one by a senior manager and warned of my future conduct. When I told her she wouldn’t last on SAS recruitment with that attitude, she warned me again.

My point is, why should one workplace be different from another. It’s all about equality and creating an inclusive working environment these days.

I watched his climbing Everest programme and he said on that he didn't think women should be allowed in the SAS because of fundamental physiological differences that in SAS lines of work could fundamentally compromise a mission or the safety of others.

He has had to change the show to include women and he is doing an okay job at hiding the fact he doesn't think they should be allowed in special forces. He acknowledges women are better at certain things but his issue is that he feels emotionally and physically women are weaker.

Perhaps that Swede will convince him otherwise.

On the Everest show you get an insight into his character. He bollocked some bloke who had no climbing experience but had clearly just paid for the chance to climb it. And he nearly died up there due to the number of poor climbers who were reliant on others to get them down and to safety. He was at the back of the queue and in a blizzard for hours and his cameraman had got back and assumed he was dead. Somehow he survived. Others fell and were cut loose to fall to their deaths to save the rest.

Are people fucking stupid, saying the process should be softer lol, the SAS are the toughest bastards the world has if people want to go on a show to try and be like them then it won't be pleasant. They are lucky there are cameras there otherwise half of them would be getting filled in too. People die on selection and no woman will ever get into the SAS with it's current selection process. My favourite regiment ever use to love reading books of all the ops they have carried out over the years.

Are people fucking stupid, saying the process should be softer lol, the SAS are the toughest bastards the world has if people want to go on a show to try and be like them then it won't be pleasant. They are lucky there are cameras there otherwise half of them would be getting filled in too. People die on selection and no woman will ever get into the SAS with it's current selection process. My favourite regiment ever use to love reading books of all the ops they have carried out over the years.
I just don’t think there’s any need to be like that on what is essentially a tv game show.

I just don’t think there’s any need to be like that on what is essentially a tv game show.

It's not though, is it? There are no prizes. People sign up for the true experience of SAS selection, and then they've decided to make a TV show because we like to see people suffer and fail.

Hardly the Generation Game.

It's not a game show though, there are no prizes at the end except being told you've made it through the first part of the selection programme.

It's a show to let us see what they have to go through to get into the elite end of the forces, Christ #13 who got sent home has hopes of being a royal marine!!

All the screaming, shouting, swearing, covering their heads up is to take them right out of their comfort zone, to disorientate them, to see what they are really made of when push comes to shove.

It's as much about mental strength than physical.

It's not i'm a celebrity ffs.

Well don't involve ex SAS soldiers then and do some basic training with the Mercians. Would be a bastardisation of the SAS even more if they made the show soft.

It's not a game show though, there are no prizes at the end except being told you've made it through the first part of the selection programme.

It's a show to let us see what they have to go through to get into the elite end of the forces, Christ #13 who got sent home has hopes of being a royal marine!!

All the screaming, shouting, swearing, covering their heads up is to take them right out of their comfort zone, to disorientate them, to see what they are really made of when push comes to shove.

It's as much about mental strength than physical.

It's not i'm a celebrity ffs.
We’ll all I’m saying is that if they didn’t shout and bawl, or as you say disorientate them, they might stand more chance of finishing the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.