SAS Who dares wins

I watched his climbing Everest programme and he said on that he didn't think women should be allowed in the SAS because of fundamental physiological differences that in SAS lines of work could fundamentally compromise a mission or the safety of others.

He has had to change the show to include women and he is doing an okay job at hiding the fact he doesn't think they should be allowed in special forces. He acknowledges women are better at certain things but his issue is that he feels emotionally and physically women are weaker.

Perhaps that Swede will convince him otherwise.

On the Everest show you get an insight into his character. He bollocked some bloke who had no climbing experience but had clearly just paid for the chance to climb it. And he nearly died up there due to the number of poor climbers who were reliant on others to get them down and to safety. He was at the back of the queue and in a blizzard for hours and his cameraman had got back and assumed he was dead. Somehow he survived. Others fell and were cut loose to fall to their deaths to save the rest.

Television is full of smoke and mirrors so you never really know...but it appears pretty realistic to me. I watched that Everest program (I've seen better to be fair) and I had a chuckle when Ant was struggling initially with his rucksack (weight/size of it) and a youngish kid just dropped it on his own back like it was a helium balloon.

The Jason Fox 'real narcos 'documentaries are good though...I like that Foxy (and to be fair, Ant does seem to have a fair bit of charisma from someone who could potentially rip you apart. I always wonder how these guys would get on with those 'hard men' you see bare knuckle fighting with their multiple WHS autobiographies or top martial artists but I guess you can't really compare like for like.

Love thje fact that he just happened to have a flak jacket, glock and assault rifle hanging around.

No fucking about, is there?

Just tell me where the fuckers are and let me get on with it.

Have a mate who used to be firearms in police.

Once went down to a mock terrorist set up in the Midlands where they used to keep their eye in and skills sharp.

Coolest thing he ever saw was this SAS guy joining in.

Cars burning on the street and he has his sidearm, taking out every target required.

When he was out of bullets, he just jumped across a burning car and took out two instructors with his hands and legs.

Different standard.

I watched his climbing Everest programme and he said on that he didn't think women should be allowed in the SAS because of fundamental physiological differences that in SAS lines of work could fundamentally compromise a mission or the safety of others.

He has had to change the show to include women and he is doing an okay job at hiding the fact he doesn't think they should be allowed in special forces. He acknowledges women are better at certain things but his issue is that he feels emotionally and physically women are weaker.

Perhaps that Swede will convince him otherwise.

On the Everest show you get an insight into his character. He bollocked some bloke who had no climbing experience but had clearly just paid for the chance to climb it. And he nearly died up there due to the number of poor climbers who were reliant on others to get them down and to safety. He was at the back of the queue and in a blizzard for hours and his cameraman had got back and assumed he was dead. Somehow he survived. Others fell and were cut loose to fall to their deaths to save the rest.

Exactly this. Its nothing personal but Ant was never keen on women joining the show. I remember a few tweets from him last year lluding too it.

A very good mate of mine got down to the 1st reserve for this series. He said the selection process for just that was the hardest thing he has ever done. As expected a few dropped out at the last minute it but he had work commitments so wasn't able to go, which he is gutted about!

Absolutely love the show. All the instructors are great and obviously tough bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.