Sat, 30th Apr, 5.30pm Chelsea v Spurs.

Marvin

A Chelsea win would set up 2 scenarios:

1) if Arsenal beat Utd - Chelsea win the title if they win their games

2) If City beat West Ham - City would be on the verge of the Champions League needing a maximum of 5 more points from 4 games, and possibly a lot less

So this is a huge game which Spurs really need to win. A draw isn't good enough.

However City may need to be at their very best to beat West Ham. If they play like they did at Chelsea they will not be easy to beat. they created a lot of chances against Chelsea. A lot more than most teams do. And I do not expect a team with a tradition like West Ham to go down without a fight. They have real hope, and ability but they are in the last chance saloon. Reminds me of a recent home game we had with Fulham when a 2nd half fightback saved their season

I think Chelsea will beat Spurs. On paper you'd expect a high scoring game as both teams need to win. I hope Chelsea don't start Torres.

Prediction: Chelsea 3 - 1 Spurs

Re: Sat, 30th Apr, 5.30pm Chelsea v West Ham

shipment_of_fail.jpg

Looking forward to the game on saturday, should be a good one and with Chelsea in good form they should at least get a draw, which would be ok for us. That said spurs are capable of beating them and if they do it could give them a huge lift, come on chelsea!

If Chelsea beat Spurs and we beat West Ham its all over. With goal difference we will be effectively 8 points clear with 4 to play and Spurs wont collect 8 points from their remaining 4 games.

I'm pretty confident we'll trash them, we've found incredible form since the CL knock out. Drogba has been immense and Torres looked like he did at his best during the West Ham game resulting in his goal and assist - which hopefully continues. Though I agree he shouldn't start over Drogba considering how incredible he's been over the last few games we've had.

There is also the issue of them stealing a draw from us at WHL earlier in the season after we commanded practically the entire game.

West Ham sort of had help with the pitch conditions with the ball and players slipping around very randomly which resulted in a lot of defensive issues, albeit on both sides. You should beat them at home.

Ramires and Alex will be back for this but Essien sustained a minor injury and probably will not feature. Unless Tottenham have suddenly learned how to defend they're in danger of taking a real pounding with Drogba and potentially Torres firing on all cylinders.

Prestwich_Blue said:
If Chelsea beat Spurs and we beat West Ham, then we only need to beat Spurs to clinch 4th if my maths is correct.

And how good a night would that Tuesday be? Clinching champs league footy against the darlings of the media, all set for the fa cup final at the weekend, bluemoon ringing round the stadium...

Fingers crossed but we've got to put west ham away first, they can cause us problems and we'll have to be on our game

i did the bbc predictor so bias (ley) yesterday that we won the league. spurs got sixth and i even managed to keep west ham up

if only....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.