Sat, 30th Apr, 5.30pm Chelsea v Spurs.

Freestyler said:
Chelsea beat Spuds, and we beat West Ham and i reckon were 95% there.
If (repeat, IF!!!) those two results pan out, we'll be 7 points clear of the media dahlings plus a markedly better GD. So, in the four games each that would be left (12 potential points), Spuds would have to earn 8 more points than us. Or, if you prefer, we would need a maximum of 5 more points to seal 4th spot.

jimharri said:
Freestyler said:
Chelsea beat Spuds, and we beat West Ham and i reckon were 95% there.
If (repeat, IF!!!) those two results pan out, we'll be 7 points clear of the media dahlings plus a markedly better GD. So, in the four games each that would be left (12 potential points), Spuds would have to earn 8 more points than us. Or, if you prefer, we would need a maximum of 5 more points to seal 4th spot.
but if we draw with spuds only three points is needed from three games

or beat them and all bets are off

squirtyflower said:
jimharri said:

Very true. But, to cover my own arse, I did say a maximum of five points. If we were playing Spurs next midweek instead of the one after, were we to beat them that would in effect be six points (3 more for us, 3 less for them) and the shandy could be opened!!

jimharri said:
squirtyflower said:

Very true. But, to cover my own arse, I did say a maximum of five points. If we were playing Spurs next midweek instead of the one after, were we to beat them that would in effect be six points (3 more for us, 3 less for them) and the shandy could be opened!!
not for me jim
just the lemonade!

I'm hoping Spurs just fall apart and lose to both Chelsea and Blackpool whilst we win at West ham and get something at Everton to pretty much guarantee 4th spot. I couldn't take it if Mancini decides we only need to play for a draw against spurs as i think they'd beat us if we did and would then put huge amounts of pressure on our last 2 games.

DEFOE ON CHELSEA

Jermain Defoe insists the lads are confident ahead of a ‘massive game’ against Chelsea.

It’s a key match in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

We need the points as we bid for a place in the top four with Manchester City now four points clear. Chelsea are still chasing Manchester United in defence of their title – although United are six points ahead of the Blues.

“We always play well against the top teams and we’re good enough to go there and win,” insisted ‘JD’, who hit his 100th Spurs goal against West Brom on Saturday.

“It’s a massive game, another one we’re looking forward to. I’m sure the lads will be confident we can win that game. It’s so important, every game is like a cup final and we’ll approach it believing we can win.”

Jermain insists that belief stretches to making the top four again.

“We all believe we can finish fourth again,” he added.

“The nights here (in the Champions League) were so special and I think it’s been a long time coming for the club and everyone deserves it.

“We’ve got good enough players to compete at that level and we showed it this season. For me, on a personal note, I missed a lot of the games through injury and I’m desperate to play in the Champions League again because it’s the best competition on a club level.”

According to Ancelotti in his press conference; Alex, Ramiers and Essien have recovered from injury and we'll have a fully fit squad for this fixture. Consider whats on the line for both teams I suspect it'll be a great match to watch.

I have a feeling that whatever the result - win, lose or draw - it will be good for Manchester City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.