Sat, 30th Apr, 5.30pm Chelsea v Spurs.

Tevez City said:
larderland said:
very attacking side from spurs,they really do have a huge squad tbf,torres and drogs up front is a risk imo.hopefully it pays off

How can Spurs play with only one defensive midfielder ( Sandro ) and 4 attacking minded midfielders (Lennon,Bale,Modric & VDV) against Chelsea !
I'm under the impression they're trying to play VDV as a second striker... sort of an in-the-hole midfielder/striker... while still accommodating the fact they play crap in any formation other than 4-4-2.

SPURS

Gomes

Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas

Sandro, Modric

Lennon, Van der Vaart, Bale

Pavlyuchenko

SUBS - Cudicini, Bassong, Jenas, Pienaar, Rose, Crouch, Defoe.

stony said:
Tevez City said:
How can Spurs play with only one defensive midfielder ( Sandro ) and 4 attacking minded midfielders (Lennon,Bale,Modric & VDV) against Chelsea !

Because they are the most attacking brilliant free flowing football team in the world.
without a doubt they are:
top scorers
most entertaining
cheeky cockernee chappies
the country's favourite team
with the country's fave cheeky cockernee chappie at the helm<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:07 pm --<br /><br />
THFC6061 said:
SPURS

Gomes

Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas

Sandro, Modric

Lennon, Van der Vaart, Bale

Pavlyuchenko

SUBS - Cudicini, Bassong, Jenas, Pienaar, Rose, Crouch, Defoe.
they should win easy, no chelsea players playing???

taconinja said:
Castiel said:
Some confusion over the formation. If we're going 442 I'll be very nervous, its not even half as effective as 433 for us.
I thought you guys flourish in the 4-4-2 Diamond?
We did when Ancelotti first got here but it was exposed mid season and exploited. When he went back to mourinho's 433 we started tearing teams to pieces with some really entertaining football, such as 8-0 against Wigan (I know) last season. Forcing Torres and Drogba together is a gambit because it hasn't worked yet but they haven't both been on form yet so we'll have to see.

This could either pay off and Spuds get destroyed or it fails and we look limp and ineffective like we did during our mid season disaster. Depends on how up for it Torres and Drogba are I guess.

I think Spurs know that the only way they are going to beat Chelsea is by scoring more goals, they simply can't be hoping to hang onto a slim lead at Stamford Bridge given their defensive record.

They turned up there last season, if they do that today it could be a very entertaining game.

I think Chelsea will win but expect both teams to concede. I'll take a punt at 3-2 Chelsea.

Castiel said:
Forcing Torres and Drogba together is a gambit because it hasn't worked yet but they haven't both been on form yet so we'll have to see.

I sincerely hope you don't believe Torres is on form now because of one goal lol

Joga Bonito said:
Castiel said:
Forcing Torres and Drogba together is a gambit because it hasn't worked yet but they haven't both been on form yet so we'll have to see.

I sincerely hope you don't believe Torres is on form now because of one goal lol
Thats why I said we'll have to see. If he is on form then it could work. This isn't just possible because of his goal but his general excellent performance in the last few games he's played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.