Saturday morning no longer a day of rest

I work most Saturday mornings until about midday, and it’s my favourite day of the week work wise as I work from home and do a bit of pottering around the house at the same time.

As an aside, I quite like the way they do things in Germany where no shops are open on a Sunday. One, it gives people working in the retail sector a definite, guaranteed day off every week and two, it gives the rest of us a day off from fucking shopping! Get out, spend some time in the outdoors with family/friends, go for a meal or just chill out.

Germany’s economy seems to do alright without the shops being open on a Sunday

It used to be that working mon-fri and having weekends off was how the world turns. Having worked full shifts for the past few years I can say for sure no more are the the 'shops quieter in the week'. I jokingly say doesn't anyone work anymore? When truth be told is that more are working flexible hours or part time or from home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.