Saturday.

danburge82 said:
I don't think we should start expecting results like 7-0's. That's when the stupid threads start when it doesn't happen. Plus Wigan were excellent for an hour (were much the better team in the second half, McCarthy and Cleverly played really well) at our ground last season and we scraped a 1-0 win.

Let's just hope we play well and win.

THIS

Surely the PL is the bigger priority? If you are going to rest Silva in one of the games, make it Napoli.

For Wigan I would go with:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Milner
Barry
Yaya

Silva
Tevez
Balotelli

Napoli:

Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Kolarov

De Jong
Milner
Yaya

Nasri
Aguero
Dzeko

-----------------------Hart----------------------
Zabaleta----Kompany----Savic----------Clichy
-----------------De Jong-Barry---------------
-----------------------Nasri--------------------
Johnson---------------Dzeko------------Tevez

Milner on for Nasri in the 60
Kolarov on for Johnson in the 75 (Clichy pushes forward)
Aguero on for Dzeko in at 82

4-1 City on a Tevez hattrick.

I'm thinking Balo will start and score a few, oh and i'm relying on a Al habsi mistake just to keep up appearances.

I think Nasri should start, if I'm right in saying he didn't have very much of a pre-season at Arsenal. It'll help him get his match fitness up and help him build relationships with his new team mates in the pressures of a real game.

Front four I'd go: Nasri--Johnson; Balotelli--Dzeko, then bring on Tevez for the whole second half in place of Dzeko. Edin gets a chance to carry on his red-hot form, Carlos a chance to show what he can do. If the reports are true about him putting on 6 kilos (what's that, almost a stone?) since the Copa, he'll need match fitness building up too.

Score 2 goals in 30 minutes and we could be ramping through them.

__________________Hart

Zabaleta____Kompany____Lescott____Clichy

______________Barry____Milner

__________________Yaya

______Johnson_______________Balotelli

_________________Tevez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.