Saudi Sovereign fund

get a grip
its same shit thrown at us when we were purchased by the sheihk

football is never fair in terms of wealth.
it never has been and never will be
yes,
but not exactly the same, i believe,
city is a brand for 100 years, has a culture and history.

Ultimately they're fucked by their country. This isn't like flying in for a golf or tennis tournament and flying out again. If you're going to play in a league, you're going to have to live there long-term. What 20-something man from Western Europe is going to want to move to Saudi? A young James Milner, perhaps.
Is that any different to South Americans moving to Europe

Is that any different to South Americans moving to Europe
the difference is, i believe,
ok;
i just dont want clubs without a fan base. it is killing the spirit.
think about UK government establisihing new teams, without fans (like Basaksehir Turkey- they played in champs league - no fans- zero fans), and taking them to premier league.. thats one of my concerns.

yes, it has similarities, but the devil is in the details, i believe.

Ultimately they're fucked by their country. This isn't like flying in for a golf or tennis tournament and flying out again. If you're going to play in a league, you're going to have to live there long-term. What 20-something man from Western Europe is going to want to move to Saudi? A young James Milner, perhaps.

Have you been to Saudi?

England /Europe, is the football battleground. The established, historic names, the climate (discernable seasons - like it or not - but ideal for football), the fans etc etc. This is now the billionaires battleground. That is why salary caps and ffp etc, is cutting off our own noses.
Sure the pretender nations may make the odd big headline but its not sustainable or practical.

A few years ago over the hill foreigners came to England or Scotland for a last big pay cheque. Now it’s The Middle East, China or Barcelona.

Its unsustainable for the sheer fact its in Saudi Arabia. Backwards and regressive country. A couple of players will take the money for a year or two but over time it will stop just like the Chinese experiment when the Saudi's realise no one cares about football in Saudi Arabia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.