Save Our Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s where the train goes right off the rails.
They've gotten much better at it this season with Torreira and (sometimes) Guendouzi actually putting their foot on the ball and slowing the tempo when necessary. See the game against Liverpool.

They've gotten much better at it this season with Torreira and (sometimes) Guendouzi actually putting their foot on the ball and slowing the tempo when necessary. See the game against Liverpool.
They have definitely shown it at times, I just have not seen enough to believe they can do it consistently. They’ve had periods in past seasons where everyone thought there were turning the corner in that regard, as well, and look how those turned out for them.

Time will tell.

They have definitely shown it at times, I just have not seen enough to believe they can do it consistently. They’ve had periods in past seasons where everyone thought there were turning the corner in that regard, as well, and look how those turned out for them.

Time will tell.
The common factor in all those seasons was Wenger and the variance in this one is Emery.

The common factor in all those seasons was Wenger and the variance in this one is Emery.
And Emery still needs to fight the residual common factors of club culture and certain player mindsets that contributed to those past failures (which are not entirely down to Wenger). I have said that I am impressed with what he has done thus far (I was and am happy we played them away before his system really began to take hold)—and he has seemingly removed one of the bigger contributors to it in Ozil—but I won’t really be convinced they have changed in that regard until later in the season, if things continue to progress as they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.