Savic and his all round game

I want to like all City players and give them my support. Savic however may not be up to it and has been shown up for a lack of pace and a basic an inability to control the ball quickly, amongst other faults. The danger signs were there after a fairly inept performance against QPR when he was bullied by somebody who is a bout 6 inches smaller than him. His next major test was against Liverpool in the 1st leg, he got turned for pace by Andy Carrol (yes, Andy Carroll) in the first 5 minutes (another severe warning sign) and then decided to inadvisedly throw a leg at Agger who was already on the way down to get them a stupid penalty.
Wigan away was decent but then again they rarely threatened. The Spurs game speaks for itself and his inability to control the ball allowed Bale to speed away for what almost turned out to be their 3rd goal. His performance in the 1st half last night was possibly one of the most inept by a defender in the history of the Carling Cup and he was mercifully hooked at half time.
He may well turn out to be a world class defender in the next 3/4 years but frankly he looks well behind schedule at this moment in time. Personally, I think Nedum at this moment in time looked a better bet and I'm disappointed that he;s now away.

He just doesn't seem strong enough, fast enough or skilful enough yet for top flight football. I really don't know why Mancini throws him into these crunch games rather than blooding him in easy games and bringing him on for top class experience when tough games are won.

pride in battle said:
For me he is a better right back at the moment, he seems too exposed in the centre.

He may be better at right back I suppose but all the faults that he has, physically and mentally would still be there. Everyone in the country now knows he is a bag of nerves who is prone to all manner of errors so wherever we play him, the opposition will deliberately target him as being our weakness and he will more than likely be exposed. If he'd been playing right back on Wednesday, Bellamy would have drifted out wide and torn him a new one over there instead, I imagine.

Hope he gets another chance in the future,may have been dodgy lately,but i just think he has enough about him to improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.