Savic and his all round game

Lucky Toma said:
Additionally - and I'm more than prepared to be proven wrong here - but I cannot recall off the top of my head a time when a player has taken him on and beaten him.

-- Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:56 am --

Additionally - and I'm more than prepared to be proven wrong here - but I cannot recall off the top of my head a time when a player has taken him on and beaten him.

Bellamy turned round him pretty easily last night on the edge of the area

RyantheBlue said:
Calcio said:
those who sees alot of potential, can you tell us some of the attributes you have seen that makes you think he can be good?

He's a 21 year old who always wants the ball, before last night his passing was mostly spot on, positive passing forward, rarely lost out on a header and has a pretty tidy touch most of the time.
the last two games he had bellamy and defeo against him, so if he lost headers, then he should not be a defender at any level. From what I have seen he's not that quick, that strong, hasnt shown anything that has caught my eyes. I just dont see it. is he better than onouha or Richards at the same age? I dont think so

RyantheBlue said:
Calcio said:
those who sees alot of potential, can you tell us some of the attributes you have seen that makes you think he can be good?

He's a 21 year old who always wants the ball, before last night his passing was mostly spot on, positive passing forward, rarely lost out on a header and has a pretty tidy touch most of the time.

'Rarely lost out on a header??!!' At QPR the stats showed he won just 1 in 5 of his aerial duels, and he has been outjumped routinely in his other starts as well. As to his passing, are we watching the same player?! Black haired bloke, looks like Richard Ashcroft? Anyone can pass the ball to a team mate under no pressure. When he has been under pressure though, he's given the ball away virtually every time he's touched it. I want the lad to do well, but he's more out of his depth than Ronnie Corbett swimming across the Mariana trench

Now that Neddy gone I fear for our backup defence. He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights last night Bellyache made an absolute fool of him. Although he does need games to improve his games I'd prefer it if that they were at another club. Perhaps a Wigan, a Bolton or a West Brom might take him on loan until the end of the season. Or even a drop down in to the championship would give him more game time and the chance to improve himself.

Mike D said:
Now that Neddy gone I fear for our backup defence. He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights last night Bellyache made an absolute fool of him. Although he does need games to improve his games I'd prefer it if that they were at another club. Perhaps a Wigan, a Bolton or a West Brom might take him on loan until the end of the season. Or even a drop down in to the championship would give him more game time and the chance to improve himself.

Agree,
But not Bolton - look at Boyata, ended up going there for experience and just sitting on their bench instead of ours

I keep thinking "he must be impressing in training against much better strikers to get played" but from what I've seen, yes he likes to play it out, but he isn't quick on the ball, his touch is questionable and he needs a lot of work defensively and against the bigger and stronger strikers I doubt he'd out strength them.
I'm confused, hate criticizing players, but he's had a tough start and nobody can replace VK.

Someone touched on this earlier but for me Savic' best game for us was when he played right back against Bayern Munich. I dont think the idea of playing 3 at the back last night was a bad one but for me Savic should have been at the right hand side of the 3 with Richards at the centre and Lescott on the left. Basically we played 3 at the back in order to give Savic some protection but then put him right at the heart of that meaning he was exposed time and again.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Lucky Toma said:

-- Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:56 am --

Bellamy turned round him pretty easily last night on the edge of the area

Bellamy does that to players better than Savic on a regular basis...

The criticism of Savic is being read wrong. No one is saying he ain't good enough, he just ain't ready. He's a liability in big games.

If we basically run the risk of losing Micah's width just to accommodate a CB then it's shocking. We should not have to worry about Micah giving us width. It helps the way we play but we don't always need it.

Like i said in the OP, after one little mistake his head goes. he swiped at a loose ball last night and fucked up 6 yards from goal, thankfully Joe bailed him out. After that it was mistake after mistake.

I'm baffled in why he started last night and why Mancini plays him in these big games.

It's not his fault that mancini throws him in, but it's blatantly obvious he can't handle it. We can't afford passengers, at this stage of the season.

end of.

Freestyler said:
I'm baffled in why he started last night and why Mancini plays him in these big games.

It's not his fault that mancini throws him in, but it's blatantly obvious he can't handle it. We can't afford passengers, at this stage of the season.

end of.

Mancini did this with Boyota in the Semi at the swamp 2 years ago too.Much to big a game for him at the time. Same with Savic. Strange management for me.

We are short but playing with 3 at the back and 2 so called wing backs (Although Zabaleta made one cross all game and that was crap) for the first time this season in a semi final was just weird. It gave Liverpool the edge and they had 4 shots in the first 10 minutes! It took us 25 minutes to get in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.