Savings

We have a holiday rental here in Wales and if we dont reach a rental figure of 50% occupancy we will get stung for 150% of the council tax. In laymans terms that will be between £5,500 to £7,500 per annum, the average rental doesn't make that...................Welcome to Wales, vote Labour and have a really lovely holiday. At our expense.

Nothing wrong with that, far too many empty holiday homes in Wales ruining the local economy.

Many (blue)moons back I sat back and laid out a retirement plan. This was around the time of the Maxwell pension scandal, so my trust in such schemes was eroded to say the least. I took the decision to forego a personal pension scheme in favour of ISA's to top up the state pension, which I "thought" was sacrosanct if totally inadequate.

Up to the rumours surrounding the upcoming budget, I was fairly relaxed that I had done the right thing (or at least, done something that was working out). Having effectively planned myself out of tax relief on pension contributions, I was confident that my retirement fund, being housed in cash and S&S ISA's would at least enable me to live off their earnings without paying tax. Now I'm not so sure.

I guess it will all come out next week, but currently I'm the most nervous I have been about this "plan"
You sound like one of those people that Starmer says does not contribute haha

Possibly. I'm lucky to have several options with the trade I'm in. I could pick up tools in a different country fairly easily and the job the wife does can be done pretty much anywhere in the world remotely. Told her Onlyfans would be a good fit for her.
Only BlueMoon can be an adequate judge of that….you know the rules

You sound like one of those people that Starmer says does not contribute haha
he's bang on, I worked and contributed for 42 years, it's my time now and my fucking money, every penny earned, those twats of whatever political persuasion are having none of it if I can possibly avoid it.

Thanks , starmer mentioning or rather explaining what working people are mentioned shares , i think they might tax you when you sell them
Only on profits, not on the total value. And only if it goes above the CGT allowance which has already been reduced from £12k to £3k by the Tories. Unlikely that the allowance will be cut further.

Only on profits, not on the total value. And only if it goes above the CGT allowance which has already been reduced from £12k to £3k by the Tories. Unlikely that the allowance will be cut further.
Mine are just over three grand and they are shares from the company i worked for and not a share isa , was hoping to keep it for when my pips ends but then merlin needed an operation out of the blue and my credit card is up to nearly 5k !

I've sold a couple of million in shares to stop any raid by increases in capital gains tax. I still have most of my shares though so I'm still going to hit by a lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.